+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8
FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: A bunch of people get bent out of shape about Hindus

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    Quote Originally Posted by timbeau0805
    My own mother doesn't even know what I believe. Introversion FTW.
    Boy oh boy, do I get you there. That is NOT a conversation I ever want to have.

Quote Originally Posted by geerussell
    Religion was a nice crutch that served a lot of useful functions as we made the long, slow march from caves to cubicles. Humanity is a little more grown up now and really needs to let go of santa claus, the tooth fairy, the resurrection, etc.
    Again, welcome back.
    STEW BEEF!

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mich & Tele
    I guess I just have to be OK with the fact that in certain places at certain times, history is part legend.
    Yup. How you deal with the limits of your knowledge is a critical part to who you are. I'm not content with canned answers. The universe is many things, and it may be really simple to someone, but it's not simple to me.

And no, I didn't go around telling people I was an atheist. I knew pretty much from the get-go that atheists and child molesters are pretty much the two most hated groups of people in America.
    That's why I used the term "dirty fucking atheist". I was trying to channel all the love people have for atheists. That's decidedly not how I feel personally!

EDIT: My dad always said to me that people don't discuss politics or religion among polite company. He's a wise man.
    I try to keep it out of the workplace, at least, though Cthulhu often intrudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy
    I try to keep it out of the workplace, at least, though Cthulhu often intrudes.
    It's like in the movie Wargames, the only winning move is not to play. I'm like a ninja when it comes to dodging religion and politics at work. Short of showing up drunk, I don't know of a quicker way to make people quietly tag you as "unprofessional" with all the subtle consequences and missed opportunities that entails.

yeap. mixing religion with everyday talk is a bad move.

and honestly, im a little disapointed in zip. as my favorite poster, i'd have hoped he could do better than judge a group from there very bottom. its ok zip, you can be as unapolgeticaly anti-christian as you like and i'll still enjoy reading your writing.

xoxo
    b-diddy

Blog Entries
    Nice touch Diddy.
    Last edited by Timone; 07-29-2007 at 06:37 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by b-diddy
    thanks.

xoxo
    b-diddy
    Last edited by Timone; 07-29-2007 at 07:18 PM.

+ Reply to Thread