+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 31
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Michigan signs 8 year deal with adidas

Quote Originally Posted by Artermis
    Yeah the ballers were rocking with Nike back in the 80s because of Jordan, not because of the shoe itself. If Jordan would have been wearing Pumas, PUMA would be king right now.
    Sorry dude, but you are dead wrong. I've got 4th graders in class that walk into school saying, "Dude, check out my new Jordans." They weren't even alive when Jordan played!

Shaq could be the most dominant big man alive, you see anybody rocking the new "Shaq Attacks?" I'm sorry dude, it's fine that you don't care about this stuff. I have no problem with it. But the fact that you could give a shit makes it impossible for you to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by bball11
    The fact is that Nike and Jordan have, and always will be the icon of basketball. No matter how much you don't care that is what I and kids want to rock.
    EXACTLY! You can't explain shit like this to Art or Zip because they are Dad guys that aren't exactly in touch with ballers, high schoolers, or even younger people and what they want to rock.

I'm sorry but the Soccer Dad look isn't appealing to younger people. I'm not shallow, I don't buy things because of the logo. I buy it because that perticular brand makes things that look good. I like Nike stuff because it looks good, not because it cost 60 bucks and not because of the swoosh.

Bball and I are taking it on the chin? I don't think so, only Dad guys are in disagreement.
    Last edited by Baker; 07-11-2007 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    No, I'm saying that the Nike brand and the uniforms and apparal add to the appeal of a school. If you deny that, you are not in touch with kids today.

For instance, let's take a Nike school like Oregon for example. Which is more tied to Nike than any other school. And compare them with Wisconsin which is an addidas school. Ask an kid which would be the cooler school to go to, to play football or basketball. See what answer you get.
    Fuck YES! Those Oregon uniforms are da BOMB! And, who the hell wouldn;t want to be known as a "Duck"?
    Whats their fight song? Neil Diamond's "Jonathan Livingston Seagull"?
    Anne Murray's "Snowbird"?
    What do they all do on Friday before a game, set up a giant game of "Duck Duck GOOSE?"
    Stop it Zip, you're killing me!
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    Fuck YES! Those Oregon uniforms are da BOMB! And, who the hell wouldn;t want to be known as a "Duck"?
    Whats their fight song? Neil Diamond's "Jonathan Livingston Seagull"?
    Anne Murray's "Snowbird"?
    What do they all do on Friday before a game, set up a giant game of "Duck Duck GOOSE?"
    Stop it Zip, you're killing me!
    Like I said, you wouldn't understand. And chances are, you'd have a hard time connecting to a high schooler.

Before prospects even step on the court before tournaments they are wearing Jordans before games. People, except older dads (who want da same pussy), wear Jordan Dub Zeros and Retro Jordans.

Stephon Marbury and Ben Wallace are weeping while they read this thread.

http://www.starbury.com/
    http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/17962620/

but seriously, i still don't understand the argument here. are we saying that a high school recruit is going to pass over UMich (or any other school) because they aren't Nike sponsored? I understand 100% that high schoolers are young and want to wear the coolest stuff like Jordans. but we're talking about the uniform will have a TINY Adidas logo instead of a Nike swoosh...

Geez, it's not like friggin' KMart is making Umich uniforms....

Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    Like I said, you wouldn't understand. And chances are, you'd have a hard time connecting to a high schooler.
    You should be on the debate team:
    "Listen, I'm right, and that's just it. You wouldn;t understand, so I'm not even going to debate it"

Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    You should be on the debate team:
    "Listen, I'm right, and that's just it. You wouldn;t understand, so I'm not even going to debate it"
    I'm sorry but arguing with you and Art on this is like arguing with my Dad back in the day on what is "cool" to wear. Yet, even he understood that I had to have the new Jordan's for my season.
    Last edited by Baker; 07-11-2007 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    but seriously, i still don't understand the argument here. are we saying that a high school recruit is going to pass over UMich (or any other school) because they aren't Nike sponsored? I understand 100% that high schoolers are young and want to wear the coolest stuff like Jordans. but we're talking about the uniform will have a TINY Adidas logo instead of a Nike swoosh...

Geez, it's not like friggin' KMart is making Umich uniforms....
    It's actually being made into a bigger deal than it is due to some of the senior citizen lame point of views here. Is it a HUGE deal with recruiting? No. Does it have a little impact, probably. It's undeniable that having great looking stuff appeals to kids. And it just sucks for the under 35 UM fans out there like Moodini and it'll probably hurt UM pretty bad when it comes to sales. That's all.

If you can't see a difference, I can't help ya. Both pics are the authentic versions that are worn by the players. One is classy, sharp, embroidered, and great looking. The other cheap looking, screen printed, and lame. Big deal? I'd be pissed if I was a UM fan. That's all I'm saying.
    Last edited by Baker; 07-11-2007 at 11:53 PM.

I'd be more pissed if I was an MSU fan. Their uniforms are green.
    Elfs wear green.

+ Reply to Thread