+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 30
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Michigan signs 8 year deal with adidas

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by bball11
    The fact is that Nike and Jordan have, and always will be the icon of basketball. No matter how much you don't care that is what I and kids want to rock.
    EXACTLY! You can't explain shit like this to Art or Zip because they are Dad guys that aren't exactly in touch with ballers, high schoolers, or even younger people and what they want to rock.

I'm sorry but the Soccer Dad look isn't appealing to younger people. I'm not shallow, I don't buy things because of the logo. I buy it because that perticular brand makes things that look good. I like Nike stuff because it looks good, not because it cost 60 bucks and not because of the swoosh.

Bball and I are taking it on the chin? I don't think so, only Dad guys are in disagreement.
    Last edited by Baker; 07-11-2007 at 08:51 PM.

does it really matter that much to a prospect? i mean, the NBA uses Adidas:

Blog Entries
    Ahhh, Tre's posts make more sense now that I realize that MSU is no longer wearing that crappy Reebok stuff.

Forget about Izzo and Dantonio getting all this credit, it's all about the swoosh!
    Find a new slant.

Oh yeah good point matt. Adidias is the offical sponsor of the NBA. So does it matter if they do it in college or the pros, but they all wear Adidias at some point.
    What is a budkow.....isnt that something I shit out of?

Doesn't Adidas sponsor Notre Dame?
    STEW BEEF!

Yeah ND, TENN, UCLA, WIS, IN to name a few.
    What is a budkow.....isnt that something I shit out of?

i purposefully buy clothes w/o the logo. what nonsense. shallowness to the extreme. who wears a hat w/ just a nike swish on it? my favorite are the "abercrombie" t-shirts. "do i get your approval now that i spent 20 dollars on a t-shirt?". c'mon.

michigan was around long before nike and did fine. i think its a safe bet theyll continue to do fine without nike.

Dr Tre takes it on the chin in this one. So does bball.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Before prospects even step on the court before tournaments they are wearing Jordans before games. People, except older dads (who want da same pussy), wear Jordan Dub Zeros and Retro Jordans.

Stephon Marbury and Ben Wallace are weeping while they read this thread.

http://www.starbury.com/
    http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/17962620/

but seriously, i still don't understand the argument here. are we saying that a high school recruit is going to pass over UMich (or any other school) because they aren't Nike sponsored? I understand 100% that high schoolers are young and want to wear the coolest stuff like Jordans. but we're talking about the uniform will have a TINY Adidas logo instead of a Nike swoosh...

Geez, it's not like friggin' KMart is making Umich uniforms....

+ Reply to Thread