+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 31
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Michigan signs 8 year deal with adidas

Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    No offense to anyone here, but if somebody doesn't like Nike and their gear, then it says something about your personal style. I'm not trying to go fashion here because we are a bunch of dudes, BUT there is a BIG difference between Nike uniforms, gear, etc. and everything else out there. There is a reason why the ballers have been rocking Jordan's since the mid 80's and there is a reason why the "Fab" Five started an athletic fashion revolution based on Nike gear- It's hands down the best. I always laugh when I open up Eastbay and there is the 5 page Nike spread and then the 1 inch addidas section with the sorry ass Wisconsin Uni's.

Now maybe you're one of these guys that could give a shit and wears the obnoxious Michigan hat with the Meijer maize and blue T because it's got your damn team on it and you could give a shit about name brands-fine. But, I'm telling you right now, it matters to recruits. You don't think the Carolina blue Nike/Jordan uniforms appeal to recruits? Switch em up to Addidas and see how sales plummet.

Maybe you're one of the good ole boys that doesn't give a shit about what teams wear, understandable. But to the rest of us that like rocking tight team gear and to the recruits that want to do the same, this a huge deal.

HORRIBLE DECISION.

For those that say, look at how much more money they received-wait and see how Michigan apparal plummets in sales now. There won't be as much around because addidas doesn't make much team gear and the ballers won't be buying any of it anymore because they buy it for the look, not the team. In the long run, they'll lose money. 2017 LOL
    Damn, all Michigan has to do is read this board and get ALL the answers.
    Did Nike write "The Victors"? Did they invent "The Helmet"?
    Geezus, your animosity is so high you write a half page post on something like this as a thinly veiled attempt to spew more garbage and rhetoric.
    If someone is dopey enough to spend sixty bucks to wear some team jersey, they're probably dopey enough not to notice that the insignia has changed.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

The fact is that Nike and Jordan have, and always will be the icon of basketball. No matter how much you don't care that is what I and kids want to rock.

does it really matter that much to a prospect? i mean, the NBA uses Adidas:

Blog Entries
    Ahhh, Tre's posts make more sense now that I realize that MSU is no longer wearing that crappy Reebok stuff.

Forget about Izzo and Dantonio getting all this credit, it's all about the swoosh!
    Find a new slant.

Oh yeah good point matt. Adidias is the offical sponsor of the NBA. So does it matter if they do it in college or the pros, but they all wear Adidias at some point.
    What is a budkow.....isnt that something I shit out of?

Doesn't Adidas sponsor Notre Dame?
    STEW BEEF!

Yeah ND, TENN, UCLA, WIS, IN to name a few.
    What is a budkow.....isnt that something I shit out of?

i purposefully buy clothes w/o the logo. what nonsense. shallowness to the extreme. who wears a hat w/ just a nike swish on it? my favorite are the "abercrombie" t-shirts. "do i get your approval now that i spent 20 dollars on a t-shirt?". c'mon.

michigan was around long before nike and did fine. i think its a safe bet theyll continue to do fine without nike.

Dr Tre takes it on the chin in this one. So does bball.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    So are you saying that a prospective recruit that is down to two schools will choose the one that is Nike over the one that is adidas for that reason alone?
    No, I'm saying that the Nike brand and the uniforms and apparal add to the appeal of a school. If you deny that, you are not in touch with kids today.

For instance, let's take a Nike school like Oregon for example. Which is more tied to Nike than any other school. And compare them with Wisconsin which is an addidas school. Ask an kid which would be the cooler school to go to, to play football or basketball. See what answer you get.

+ Reply to Thread