+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 31
FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Michigan signs 8 year deal with adidas

Just watched the ESPN Who's Now Final between Tiger and Lebron. Nearly 20 seconds into the debate, all members of the panel start talking about how they are both Nike athletes.

Seems like the rest of the world realizes the power and influence of Nike, except for a few members here.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    95% of people don't care? Couldn't disagree more. Now they might not say, "hey, I'm not buying it because it doesn't have a swoosh." But, they might buy it or not buy it based on how it looks. Does it look good or bad? You can find 10 million Michigan pieces of clothing out there, so you're going to choose those that you like the appearance of. 95% of people do care what they are spending their money on.
    Sure, this applies if you're talking about gay Meijer gear versus major brand stuff. We're talking about the slights differences between two massive shoe powerhouses. I'm saying 95% won't care about the differences between adidas and Nike gear. They're going to buy Michigan gear. There will be good looking stuff so that they don't have to buy the zebra striped Meijer crap. Adidas is going to make good looking stuff. They already do.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Don't be surprised if you don't see much Michigan Addidas apparal in stores. Addidas and Reebok do not have alot of college gear other than jerseys. You can look through Eastbay and see that there is a big difference. That's why State dropped Reebok, they didn't make shit for them and that was during the height of the bball and fball programs.

Blog Entries
    So you think they spent all that $ with no plan to increase their product mix or distribution?

Again, I'm going to disagree with you.

The only way that they have a chance to have this make sense is to sell the shit out of this stuff. Marketing buzz and TV air time is nice, but they need to sell product, too.
    Find a new slant.

I think they'll have to increase the stuff they put out.

Here are the things you know they'll have to do right away - get their logo on a handful of t-shirts, including official student t-shirt for Maize Out and Maize Rage. Throw together a half dozen hats. Kick out some jerseys. Maybe a warm up. That's going to be more than enough for the average fan. The majority of the people spending their money on UM gear aren't looking for it in the Eastbay catalog. Having said that, it's only a matter of time before adidas expands their line. They wouldn't be gunning for these schools if they didn't plan to make a run for the top.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Blog Entries
    Okay, why is UM still wearing Nike?

I know that the agreement doesn't start until next year, but they should have been able to get out of the deal, even if they had to have adidas buy it out for them.

LOL@the final season of Nike being one of the worst years in Michigan football recent history
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Okay, why is UM still wearing Nike?

I know that the agreement doesn't start until next year, but they should have been able to get out of the deal, even if they had to have adidas buy it out for them.

LOL@the final season of Nike being one of the worst years in Michigan football recent history
    Wow, ummm...probably because the Nike contract ran through this year.

Lloyd Carr rocking the new Adidas gear after beating the Gators

Blog Entries
    LOL! so glad someone revived this.

Blog Entries
    ditto

great thread
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread