+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Tigers trade rumors/ideas

Tigers trade rumors/ideas

robb parker's moles are saying its a bidding war for gagne with cleveland and detroit in the lead.

also, slightly off topic, but i think monroe is more or less done here. isnt he a FA at the end of the year? with maybin projected to be here the year after next, he's probably out of our price range to resign, especially with thames being more than capable.

i would not include miller in any trade. thats for sure.

Miller must stay. He's pitched incredibly well mainly dealing his fastball. His breaking ball is almost there to a point where he can use it a lot, and once he learns to command all three pitches = our best pitcher up there with Verlander.

Miller and Maybin shouldn't be traded. There isn't anything we will get for them that is worth what they will give us in the future. Unless someone wants to trade us a young all-star, which I doubt.

Ok, well, we know Dombrowski has gone on the record multiple times saying Miller and Maybin aren't avaiable, period. Remember, he wouldn't do Maybin straight up for Alfonso Soriano.

I think at one point in time he said they would only be available if someone made an offer that blew his socks off. Dombrowski is good enough at what he does that blowing his socks off would probably require, from the Rangers, Gagne, Texiera, Milwood and either John Mayberry Jr. or Kasey Kiker.

Seriously guys, Dombrowski knows what it takes. The one criticism is that he's possibly too patient with some guys, but that keeps him from making massive errors. Look at what he's already built. He's not going to throw away a couple of the big keys to sustaining this success for a washed up one-time All-Star or even a once was, could still be dominant closer.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

By the way, in regards to Craig Monroe I do think it's possible he could be done here. It all depends on percieved value. Does the management group think his value for the remainder of the season is difference making? If not, is there someone out there willing to part with a mid-level prospect with a good shot of making a bigger difference down the road?

Don't think teams are jumping up and down to get a .230 hitter just because he has a knack for RBI every now and then.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

I hope Monroe goes. I hope Gagne comes here. Millers upside is unlimited. You can't trade him cuz of that, imo.

I wasn't worrying that Dombrowski would make a deal involving those guys, I was just stating my opinion on them.

And I was agreeing with ya. The important person is DD and we can all feel comfortable that he won't let either go, unless its a blockbuster helluva deal.

Blog Entries
    Jul 23 Bill Ladson, of Nationals.MLB.com, reports the Washington Nationals are believed to have an interest in acquiring Detroit Tigers P Jair Jurrjens, and they could be dangling CL Chad Cordero as bait.
    Find a new slant.

Cordero would be sweet. I'm not minor league snob, so I couldn't say whether Jair should be held onto or not. Also, what's the contract status on Cordero?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread