+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Depth chart/rotation

Yes, but I think boxing out just comes with experience. Barkley made a living in the NBA because he learned to box out. I don't know how he did his first couple years, but I suspect he wasn't great at it right from the start. Max will learn to overcome his height deficiancies as well. I suspect Ben Wallace relied on his jumping too much when he came into the league (which is why Washington didn't keep him). When he learned to box out he because a beast on the glass.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

actually he averaged eight and a half. His second year he was 12 RPG. But you are still correct he was good from day 1.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

whoops I was looking at his per-minute stats.

I don't get the "I like McDyess off the bench but Maxiell starting because we need McDyess' bench points" argument at all. No offense but that just seems retarded to me. Your best players should play the most. The guy with the best all around game should be the starter. How many other teams bench a better player in order to "know what they are getting off the bench"? I suppose you could say that it's similar to what Dallas does with Stackhouse but I think they do that because he can't handle extended minutes.

Blog Entries
    Ginobili, San Antonio
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    And because he's pretty inconsistent. (Stack)

And because McDyess prefers to come off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by luniz
    I don't get the "I like McDyess off the bench but Maxiell starting because we need McDyess' bench points" argument at all. No offense but that just seems retarded to me. Your best players should play the most. The guy with the best all around game should be the starter. How many other teams bench a better player in order to "know what they are getting off the bench"? I suppose you could say that it's similar to what Dallas does with Stackhouse but I think they do that because he can't handle extended minutes.
    two different things. Dice didn't start during the playoffs, but he certainly played more than CWebb.

Manu came off the bench for the World Champions as mentioned (so it works).

The best play the most minutes, and play in crunch time. They don't have to start to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by luniz
    Then you're also saying that McDyess should've been starting over Ben Wallace?!?! ...because there's no doubt that Antonio has a better "all around game" than Ben.

+ Reply to Thread