+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Depth chart/rotation

Blog Entries
    If we had another SF, I wouldn't be surprised to see Dupree bought out if we needed a roster spot.

But as scary as it sounds, we actually "need Ronald Dupree" right now.

Yikes.
    Find a new slant.

If McDyess' effort doesn't inspire Sheed, I don't know that I believe Maxiell's will.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Acker could/should be in there somewhere too.
    He should be in there right where Murray is.

I would like to think that we will start Sheed and Maxiell, keeping Dice as the main big off then bench. I suppose that we will play Nazr a lot early on to increase his trade value.

as for the Sf's I think we may get a taste of small ball this year, with Rip sliding to SF when Tay sits for 2 minutes per game. I expect to see at least a little Chauncey, Rip, Stuckey/Afflalo rotation out there while tay gets a breather. Dupree will probably be the backup SF by name.

This offseason could have been so different had Joe not used those two picks redundantly and actually filled a team need with the second pick.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    as for the Sf's I think we may get a bitter taste of small balls this year,
    Fixed.

Starting Maxiell is a sheer fantasy, until he learns not to rebound like a 10-year old girl.

Power forwards who can't even rebound a missed free throw do not start on NBA teams. Max can throw down all the fancy dunks he wants. He still isn't going to start if the other team gets 3 shots at the basket every time he's out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    Starting Maxiell is a sheer fantasy, until he learns not to rebound like a 10-year old girl.

Power forwards who can't even rebound a missed free throw do not start on NBA teams. Max can throw down all the fancy dunks he wants. He still isn't going to start if the other team gets 3 shots at the basket every time he's out there.
    I'm pretty sure he rebounds better than some other power forwards we've had:

Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

As bad as Cliff was on the glass, he was never Max-bad.

Cliff was also 7 feet and managed to box out his own man most of the time, albeit he rarely got to the ball.

I never saw Cliff struggle to rebound missed free throws as frequently as I've seen Maxiell.

It's at the point you just pray the guy behind him knocks the ball out of bounds and we can have the ball back.

Max is a really fun player to watch when he's doing what he does best, but me liking his highlight dunks does not make starting him a sound basketball decision.
    Last edited by Kstat; 07-09-2007 at 01:43 PM.

As you said, Cliff was 7 feet tall. Also, he'd been in the league for many years before coming here. Before defending him you might want to check his 3.9 career rebounding average. And before you say it's diluted from his last few years, his best year was 4.3 RPG in his first 4 years. And he averaged 33 MPG that year too. Max gets 3 RPG in less than 15 MPG.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    As you said, Cliff was 7 feet tall. Also, he'd been in the league for many years before coming here. Before defending him you might want to check his 3.9 career rebounding average. And before you say it's diluted from his last few years, his best year was 4.3 RPG in his first 4 years. And he averaged 33 MPG that year too. Max gets 3 RPG in less than 15 MPG.
    I'm less concerned with Max's rebound average (because he is a decent offensive rebounder) and more on the fact that he gives up a TON of offensive rebounds.

I'm just sick of watching 7-foot centers tipping the ball to themselves right over his head, like he's a 9-year old little brother being toyed with.

+ Reply to Thread