+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Depth chart/rotation

Blog Entries

Depth chart/rotation

Needs some tweaking, I'm sure, but I just wanted to get something down with all of the players on it.

C: Rasheed Wallace|Nazr Mohammed|Cheick Samb or Vet's min FA
    PF: Antonio McDyess|Jason Maxiell|Amir Johnson
    SF: Tayshaun Prince|MLE|Ronald Dupree
    SG: Rip Hamilton|Flip Murray|Arron Afflalo
    PG: Chauncey Billups|Rodney Stuckey|Lindsey Hunter
    Basic Assumptions:
    Billups re-signs
    Amir re-signs
    MLE SF signed
    Mejia to Europe or waived, NBDL if roster allows
    Davis & Webber not re-signed
    Dice is okay with starting

Discuss.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Depending on who the MLE player turns out to be, and assuming no trades, I'm thinking 3rd place in the Central, prolly 6 fewer wins than last year.

2nd round exit from the playoffs.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    I mean the roster seem's to be the same as last year...I would prefer that Stuckey and Afflalo see the court more than Lindsey and Flip, but the reality of it is they both are probably two young to make any huge contributions, and we are pretty much stuck with Nazr Mohammed...

If that's what the rosters going to look like, might as well just re-sign C-Webb. At least he could give you some legit scoring off the bench...

As lifeless as that depth chart may seem to us, it's still good enough to win 50+, snag the 1 seed and win the East...

I would start Max and keep Dyess on the bench. Otherwise I agree. Max's energy might rub off on Sheed and Tay and cause them to be less lax out there. Plus Dyess has proven he can provide bench points and I wouldn't want to risk starting him and watch him or Sheed dissapear offensively (they both tend to operate on the wing rather than the post). Dyess might also pair well with Stuckey since apparently his mid range game is good and also he's great off the dribble. They could run pick and pops very effectively perhaps.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    I hadn't given much thought to Webber lately, but you are right, we may need him if he'll take the vet's min. Him or Mutombo, lol.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Who's left that we could get w/ the MLE??

I'm assuming Mo-Pete will sign with Utah (for some reason he seems to be enamored with them)...

Gerald Wallace will probably make more than the MLE...Stackhouse is already back on Dallas...

Araujo??
    Chuck Hayes??

Blog Entries
    I think you could get C-Webb back for the Vets minimum and not have to waste your MLE...

He's already gonna make a pocket load from Philly (unless they have the insurance paying for it)...

If you can get C-Webb back for 1-2 mil...I say do it

Blog Entries
    If we do by some chance lose Amir, our front court has suddenly gone from the deepest in the league to one of the shakiest/thinnest.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Depending on who the MLE player turns out to be, and assuming no trades, I'm thinking 3rd place in the Central, prolly 6 fewer wins than last year.

2nd round exit from the playoffs.
    Really? If we add mo pete, and stuckey can be close to Ben Gordon like (like maybe 10-13 PPG off the bench)...we could be better than last year. Start Max and I bet he can match Webber's production (not a great passer, but in other ways). Mo Pete, Dyess and Stuckey could easily add 25-30 PPG off the bench combined with solid minutes.

I'm curious to see how Chicago will be this year (with Noah added and Thomas another year older), but would you really pick against us? The Cavs might lose either Sasha or Varejao, they didn't draft anybody either. They won't be any better this year IMO. The Bucks will be better, supposing they can get Yi in there (even if they don't they should be much better if healthy). So will Atlanta. But I bet those teams steal a lot of wins from the Cavs this year.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    The bench still sucks, in fact, I think it's much worse (younger, but worse).

Milwaukee could rise to #2 in the division IMO (Bulls #1) depending on what they do with Yi/Mo Williams.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread