+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The official Stephon Marbury thread

Blog Entries
    Q: And what of Stephon Marbury, who also helped create the Knicks' hostile work environment -- at least in the eyes of the plaintiff -- by having sex with one of the club's interns outside a strip club? What is the fallout for him?

A: He is not one of the defendants, so Marbury need only worry about the damage this episode did to his reputation -- and to his household.

But Marbury did bring a flash of enlightenment to the table Monday at the Knicks' media day, at least partly explaining his summer of bizarre behavior by revealing he has undergone a religious awakening.

"What was the highlight of my summer? When I gave myself to Jesus Christ. The day it happened was June 29," Marbury said. "What happened to me was I was able to see myself outside of myself. I was able to look in the mirror and really see myself. I saw the person who I wanted to be, and who I was looking at."
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Akron Beacon Journal
    Apparently a favorite pastime among NBA players these days is surfing YouTube for Stephon Marbury. No, not highlights, but clips from various interviews Marbury gave during the summer when he alternated between making outrageous statements to times when he was downright babbling. According to various insiders, it has been the source of high comedy among his peers.
    Find a new slant.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Akron Beacon Journal
    it has been the source of high comedy among his peers.
    Indeed!

Blog Entries
    The Knicks are considering buying out Marbury and the nearly $50m still owed to him.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Marbury skips Knicks' practice; rumors swirl about his future
    ESPN.com news services
    Updated: November 13, 2007, 3:01 PM ET

PHOENIX -- Stephon Marbury missed the New York Knicks' morning practice Tuesday, fueling speculation that his future with the team is in doubt, according to several New York media reports.

Knicks head coach Isiah Thomas told reporters Tuesday that Mardy Collins would start in Marbury's place in tonight's game against the Suns.

Thomas declined to comment on reports in the New York Daily News earlier Tuesday that Marbury's role would be "reduced" and that there had been discussions to try to move Marbury.

Marbury's contract is worth $42 million over the next two seasons. If the Knicks buy Marbury out, he'd be a free agent.

"Any type of penalty or suspension will be in-house and we'll try to keep it within the confines of our team. This is an in-house matter with our team and we'll keep it and leave it at that," Thomas told reporters, according to the Daily News. "We hope to see [Marbury] tonight at the game. However, if he's not, make no mistake about it, we want him as a member of our basketball team."

Marbury came to Phoenix with his Knicks teammates Monday. Thomas told reporters he was unsure if Marbury was still in Phoenix, the Daily News reported.

The game against the Suns is the first of four on this trip for New York.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Thats why you don't give players max-contracts...

it's never enough money

Blog Entries
    Pay attention Washington Wizards.

Today's Gilbert Arenas is tomorrow's Marbury.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Pay attention Washington Wizards.

Today's Gilbert Arenas is tomorrow's Marbury.
    Well said, thats the economic strucutre of the NBA in a nutshell...

Gawd I love the NBA and the Knicks... just throwing away money. And Stephon is providing some of the best off-court moments in history lately, this is a great time to watch the NBA indeed... aside from Lebron and Wade.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    The interesting bit is that, apart from a defense that makes Jameer Nelson and Daniel Gibson look like all-stars, Marbury's not playing so bad.

+ Reply to Thread