View Poll Results: What to do at the center position?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nazr at the 5.

4 19.05%
  • Move Sheed to C, start Max.

4 19.05%
  • Move Sheed to C, start Amir.

3 14.29%
  • Move Sheed to C, start McDyess.

2 9.52%
  • Re-Sign Webber (not likely)

1 4.76%
  • Sign an MLE big man (who?)

1 4.76%
  • Other (please specify)

3 14.29%
  • Cheikh Samb is the answer

3 14.29%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: At the 5 spot, Langlois makes a case for Nazr

I think McDyess earned the right to start by actually playing well. Up until the Cleveland series anyway. Seemed like he was trying too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by luniz
    I think McDyess earned the right to start by actually playing well. Up until the Cleveland series anyway. Seemed like he was trying too hard.
    He would easily be the starter but he has said he doesn't want to start. He prefers coming off the bench. He's more comfortable there.

After thinking about it all day, I'm still saying we make a trade. My vote went to other.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    How many Amirs do we have?

Is there the real Amir and then bizarro Amir?

That would rock.
    shit, that is what happens when you get woke up at the crack of dawn and drive 5 hours back from Niagara falls, then try to catch up on some sports news. I meant if Nazr is sucking then bring in Amir.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    What do you guys think about Jamal Magloire for the vet minimum (one year)?

I know that he's been a slug the past 2-3 years, but as an alternative to Webber, it might be a slight improvement if he feels like playing for a contract for 08/09.

Low risk move at least.
    Find a new slant.

At the minimum? I'd definitely give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    What do you guys think about Jamal Magloire for the vet minimum (one year)?

I know that he's been a slug the past 2-3 years, but as an alternative to Webber, it might be a slight improvement if he feels like playing for a contract for 08/09.

Low risk move at least.
    Overrated but if it's for that kind of money after we sign Billups and Amir, I say we look to get a big for the vet min. But no way does Magloire take that kind of money. I don't think hes looking for the ring right now, more of the money

Once we do, nazr is gone for sure.

Blog Entries
    Magloire is not going to get anyone's MLE (maybe a small part of it, but certainly not full) and with so few teams having cap space, he may be forced to take the vet's minimum from somebody and hope to have a good season and cash in next year.

The other option is to go overseas for a year, I suppose.

Plus, he runs a beauty pageant, lol: http://www.jamaalmagloire.com/
    Last edited by Glenn; 07-05-2007 at 10:22 AM.
    Find a new slant.

I would add him for the vet min after locking up Billips and Amir for sure. It would be a low risk. We can probably move Flip Murray to get enough space to sign him too. I'd rather have Magloire at the vet min than Nazr for an eternity.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    After looking over all our options that dont involve us giving up something valuable, I'm unfortunately going with "Move Sheed to C, start Amir".. Its imo the best option we haver under those circumstances. Nazr becomes backup C unless we can dump him.

Amir can Rebound, Block, has shot a capable jump shot(though the consistency of it hasn't been tested yet), much like maxiell plays with no fear, runs the court well enough to leave other Centers/pf's at a disadvantage (compensating for his disadvantage in weight), plays above the rim in the open floor, and probably provide 8-13 points a game I think once he gets comfortable. His negatives are lack of weight, youthful decision making, and a need to dribble/catch the ball better.

Can't say i'd be enthused about this option. But I think i could find temporary ok for the moment feeling in it. If it proved to be not good, make a mid season trade.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

+ Reply to Thread