+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Grizzlies sign Darko (3 years, $21 million)

both posts 8 and 9 made me laugh out loud.

not getting that big K this summer potentially is the best thing that could have happened to darko's career. rather than just taking the money and more than likely raising his bust level to a new high, he can simply go to the best fit and maybe get his career on track.

if he can get the pt, i'd say he should go to phoenix. if anyone can figure darko out, its dantoni.

What is the league minimum in Europe?

Someone will sign him. Hell, if he didn't have history here, I'm 100% sure we'd be begging Joe D to offer Darko a contract to play ahead of Nazr.

But his sense of entitlement will prevent him from ever being a star. Maybe he'll learn one day, but it doesn't look likely soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    LB's contract with the Sixers expired, I think
    True. Still, they are now free agency soulmates.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by JS
    What is the league minimum in Europe?
    More than he's worth if he doesnt show any consistency. He makes Memo seem consistent. Thats not an easy feat.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Today's DFP reports Darko is seeking a contract paying him at least $10 million per year. Seriously.

Blog Entries
    Might as well ask for a billion.

Maybe Ed Belfour can sign him?
    Find a new slant.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Though not reported in the DFP, I would like to confirm that I, too, am seeking a contract paying me at least $10 million per year.

Darko to the Grizz, per ESPN. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2933472

Milicic, Grizzlies agree on three-year deal
    By Chad Ford

Free-agent center Darko Milicic agreed in principle to a three-year contract with the Memphis Grizzlies on Wednesday, the player's agent Marc Cornstein told ESPN.com Insider Chad Ford.

Cornstein refused to disclose the amount of the deal, but the starting salary is believed to be for substantially more than the $5.3 million mid-level exception.

"We are extremely excited for this new opportunity," Cornstein said. "Darko's going to a team that really wants him. He's going to a young team with an exciting bright future much like his own. We're very excited Darko gets to learn from coach Marc Iavaroni. We believe he's one of the best big men coaches in the game. And we couldn't be happier that he has found a new home where he's appreciated."

Milicic was recently waived by the Orlando Magic to clear the cap room necessary to sign Rashard Lewis.

"Memphis has really pursued Darko since the moment he became an unrestricted free agent last week," Cornstein said. "And I'm grateful for the opportunity they'll be providing for Darko at this stage of his career."

Milicic was the second pick in the 2003 NBA draft. He was taken ahead of All-Stars like Carmelo Anthony, Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade and was widely regarded as a draft bust heading into his third season.

Milicic was traded to the Magic in February of 2006 and began to turn around his career. He averaged eight points and 5.5 rebounds in 23 minutes per game for the Magic last season. But he upped his averaged 12.3 points per game in the playoffs this year.

Magic general manager Otis Smith said that the team's top priority in the offseason was signing Milicic, but he reversed course after it became clear that signing Lewis would take all of their cap room.

Milicic should address the Grizzlies' biggest offseason need -- adding a center to play with Pau Gasol. His game appears to complement Iavaroni's up-tempo system.

The grizzlies definitely have some young, athletic talent.

Say what you will about Darko, his problem was never physical gifts, but it was his attitude. He's still young, so he could turn the corner one day.

It's easy to say Darko + Gasol could be formidable, but then again we were thinking Darko + Dwight Howard could be something. Then again, Gasol's more talented than Dwight offensively, so who the heck knows.

+ Reply to Thread