+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Fire Joe Dumars Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus771
    To be honest, this thread kinda makes me ashamed to be a Pistons fan, since that's what most of you guys consider yourselves.
    Agree %100. This is pretty much why I'm not around much anymore.

Most of the time, it's hard to tell this is even a Pistons forum. There's so many spoiled brats here that have no idea what it's like to actually have a terrible GM, like we did in the 90's.

I'm not saying you can't ever criticize management, but wow it's ripping the Pistons is a pastime here. I don't have the energy or the desire to fend off a pistons forum full of people who clearly can't stand the Pistons.

Blog Entries
    Fair enough Kstat.

Why don't you educate us on all of the good moves that Joe has made over the past three years?

I'm sure that many here would like to see that.
    Find a new slant.

kstats a true fan. while the pistons simultaneously slashed payroll, killed our chances at winning another ring in the next 10 years, and also greatly raised ticket prices, he never once lost faith.

he's an amazing fan, and an amazing human being.

"bil davidson doesnt owe you shit"

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Fair enough Kstat.

Why don't you educate us on all of the good moves that Joe has made over the past three years?

I'm sure that many here would like to see that.
    well, he was thrilled by the nazr muhhamed signing, and he said flip murray would put us over the top. so those were good moves... i guess.

Joe's last few years:

Good: Drafting Amir and Maxiell.

OK: Hiring Flip (nothing better at the time). Extending Tay and RIP for reasonable amount (would be good but it was a no brainer). Moving Darko for #15 pick (he had run his course here). Signing Flip Murray (hasn't panned out, but not huge risk either). trading Delfino for 2nd rounders (we couldn't use him to move up a few picks from #27 and get Almond?)

Bad: Signing Nazr, trading a pick for Arroyo. Not finding Tay a legit backup for 3 years.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Dealing Darko and Delfino were both good moves. He got about as much as could be expected for two guys that clearly just didn't fit on this team. Darko wasn't trying, and Delfino could not play a halfcourt game. Neither guy showed enough to warrant more than what we go for them.

Drafting Maxiell was a good move, and I'd expect even the people here to know that, since he's the only Piston any of you do like.

Amir Johnson was quite possibly the steal of the 2005 draft.

People here may or may not like Flip Saunders, but you can't say he wasn't the best available coach at the time we were hiring.

Letting Ben go may or may not prove to be a good move. It depends if they re-sign Chauncey. If they do, then cutting Ben loose paved the way for them to keep Chauncey, who definitely would be out of our league otherwise, and I believe has more longterm value than Ben anyhow.

Murray was a so-so move. Not great, because he didn't do much, and not bad, because he cost almost nothing.

Afflalo and Stuckey may or may not be good picks. Nobody will know for sure until we see them play. I'm sure most Mavs fans had no clue about Marquis Daniels and Josh Howard, especially since they seemed to overlap each other.

Nazr I think has proven to be the only truly "bad" move Joe's had over the last three years. But hey, let's fire the guy. Clearly, there are GMs out there that could do so much better....
    Last edited by Kstat; 06-29-2007 at 01:34 PM.

flip wasnt the best available. larry brown was. #2 was mr. sonic, who was out of our price range. #3 was... flip was the 3rd most established. i have a hard time believing that there isnt a quality assistant or college coach who would have done a better job.

Blog Entries
    There are more good and bad decisions to be discussed.

This will help: http://www.n-c-systems.com/hoops/Sea...&submit=Search
    Find a new slant.

How was LB the best available when he was already here and wanted to leave?

Kstat- I would add not finding Tay a backup to your list. He should have made a move to get us a SF instead of platooning people out of position there.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    There are more good and bad decisions to be discussed.

This will help: http://www.n-c-systems.com/hoops/Sea...&submit=Search
    Unfortunately the bad move with Memo turned out to be not signing him to a 3 year rookie contract. If we had, we would have had his bird rights and he might still be here. At worst we might have forced a S&T for him and got something back.

+ Reply to Thread