+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 38
FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Night 2007 (official NBA draft discussion thread)

well, thats that. looking forward to the sportsguy's collumn tomorrow. my guess is he's pretty snarly.

Blog Entries
    I hope a video of dudes harassing Stephen A appears on Deadspin!

Shakur wasn't drafted...and who is this sammy guy?

Joe is becoming a joke. He has yet to prove he can draft, he hasn't been an aggressive GM for 3 years, since the Sheed move.

I am sorry but we could have really improved through the draft but failed to move up, trade for a vet or get the best player on the board, what did Joe do to make anyone think we are better?

I am sorry but F the D Wade and Stuckey comparisons because in 03 we drafted the Next KG or Dirk and Manu and neither amounted to half of that.

We needed a back up PG and got a tweener guard. We needed a legit back up for Tay and didn't get that but could have at 15 the again at 27. I also think there was a deal that could have been made with NY to get Randolph via Portland considering the hard on Zeke has for Sheed. Even if we had to give up a first it would have been worth it.

If I were Chauncey I would take a hard look elsewhere because getting Grant Hill doesn't fix our serious lack of energy, rebounding, back up ball handling or gapping hole in the middle. I am disgusted. This was a disaster when you consider this is the end game for the number 2 overall pick 4 years ago. I just thought Joe would grow a pair and back up his "disgust" and "disdain" he had for the attitudes here that need a shake up. Well maybe the problem was solely Delfino and I am just over reacting to yet another shitty draft, time for Joe to dump his season tickets at Ford Filed and replace them with an office next to DD.
    Last edited by JS; 06-29-2007 at 12:27 AM.

The Pistons are the only team that screwed up more than the Bucks.

Our chances of making a trade with GS and the Knicks are now gone.

Here we go again guys.

I'm sorry to be a party pooper pooper, but I'm very happy with our draft picks.
    I'll be honest, I didn't see Stucky play any ball at all. He's got some impressive
    stats and is the guy that the Pistons wanted all along. I'm fine with it.

As for Afflalo, I'm not sure how anyone can be mad at that pick! I'm ecstatic.
    He's a leader, he's a great defender, he's long at the 2 and can hit shots
    while under pressure. I think he's perfect for this team.

As far as I'm concerned, they're both perfect for this team in that they'll play
    hard, compete and try to get PT without bitching about it. We didn't need
    any front court players. I like the draft. My man from Depaul is a nobody.
    I'm sure he won't crack the roster, but I'm very happy with what went down.

Let's just hope that I'm right like I was with Max. I loved the pick then and
    this board was all but undergoing a meltdown when we picked him up.
    Calm down suckas. Let's see what happens in free-agency before we pass
    too much judgement on guys low on the totem pole. There wasn't anyone
    out there that made me think, "Fuck we missed out on _______!"

I wanted Julian Wright who we were 2 picks away from and Thornton was a
    pick away, but I did not want Nick Young at all. Stuckey should fit in nicely
    and give us a nice spark. Afflalo is going to be a very good player.

Just chill and let's see what happens next. I'm happy right now. Smile fuckers!

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    and so starts the cheick samb era?

If These guys knock flip murray off the roster. then i have no complaints. if not, joe d better have a true center ready to sign.
    Last edited by Black Dynamite; 06-29-2007 at 12:54 AM.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Mola, Happy Early B-day First, but I am sorry I disagree, I could have lived with Stuckey and the Kid from DePaul, if we got a legit player for a spot of need.

My problem is Joe gets hard ons for guys and it prevents him from seeing anything on either side of the tunnel. At 27 there was still a lot of talent on the board that would have been a better option.

All we heard is how he loved Acker, and how Acker is NBA ready and now barring a trade we don't have room for him. You can't tell me that a decent big at 27 (Big Baby, Splitter, or Fazekas)or Alanda Tucker wouldn't have been a better value. As for the Max pick three drafts ago, I am sorry but considering the need we had three drafts ago and the fact that Max didn't get us over the hump, I still think Ellis, Gomes and Lee were the better picks. Especially considering 3 draft later we still have a major hole at the back up 3. I would love to pull that thread up but it was lost.

The frustration for me is simple we had needs, and drafted three guys for 1 spot who all are very similar, which wasn't our biggest need, considering Murray, and Acker would have sufficed if we drafted for another need.

This team lacked rebounding, inside scoring, slashing and energy and outside of Stuckey I don't think the other two guys but mainly Affalo were steals. Big Baby with Stuckey would have been B+ to A draft, this feels more like an incomplete.

Quote Originally Posted by -MOLA1-
    Here we go again guys.

I'm sorry to be a party pooper pooper, but I'm very happy with our draft picks.
    I'll be honest, I didn't see Stucky play any ball at all. He's got some impressive
    stats and is the guy that the Pistons wanted all along. I'm fine with it.

As for Afflalo, I'm not sure how anyone can be mad at that pick! I'm ecstatic.
    He's a leader, he's a great defender, he's long at the 2 and can hit shots
    while under pressure. I think he's perfect for this team.

As far as I'm concerned, they're both perfect for this team in that they'll play
    hard, compete and try to get PT without bitching about it. We didn't need
    any front court players. I like the draft. My man from Depaul is a nobody.
    I'm sure he won't crack the roster, but I'm very happy with what went down.

Let's just hope that I'm right like I was with Max. I loved the pick then and
    this board was all but undergoing a meltdown when we picked him up.
    Calm down suckas. Let's see what happens in free-agency before we pass
    too much judgement on guys low on the totem pole. There wasn't anyone
    out there that made me think, "Fuck we missed out on _______!"

I wanted Julian Wright who we were 2 picks away from and Thornton was a
    pick away, but I did not want Nick Young at all. Stuckey should fit in nicely
    and give us a nice spark. Afflalo is going to be a very good player.

Just chill and let's see what happens next. I'm happy right now. Smile fuckers!

IF aflalo is a--- not even lock down, if he's a reliable wing defender, than thats fine at 27. but if he's mateen cleeves part 2 (compounded by redundant drafting) than this was a horrible pick.

i'll reserve passing judgement on stuckey, but right now im not pleased with this draft. it bothers me, alot, that we took a redundant, questionable, aflalo at 27 when phx took alondo tucker at 28. granted its kerr running the show now, but phx's record of developing talent is >>>> ours. not only would alonda have been a better pick based on need, but he's someone we've all seen and talked about. hardly a secret. hell, i said we should have taken tucker 30 seconds before phx took him. wtf joe?!?

+ Reply to Thread