+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trade idea:Detroit and Denver

Trade idea:Detroit and Denver

This trade actually makes sense for both teams.

Denver is reportedly trying desperately to liberate cap space, so I came up with this one.

Denver trades 33 yo Camby (contract ending in 2010)and a 2008 lotto protected first to Detroit to Detroit for #27, Nazr (contract ending 2011) and Hunter (or Murray I guess).

We take the cap hit, but Camby is actually worth his contract currently, unlike Nazr for us. He will be 35 when his contract is up, and that's not putrid considering that his contract goes down in his last year.

Denver liberates 2.4 mill of of next years cap and currently has no draft picks at all in this draft.

We would start Camby and Sheed, waive CWeb, resign Dice if he wants to, and keep Max and Amir on the active roster as our 5 bigs. TP, Rip, and Chauncey would still start. Dice, Maxiell, #15 (SF?), Acker, Blalock, and maybe a cheaper free agent would make up the rest of the rotation guys, and Amir would make it to the bench this year, hopefully more.

In the end, good centers just aren't easily available, and we would keep our window open for really the cost of #27.

I would consider this one. However, I don't know if Denver does it... Plus, once again, we fail to get younger.

I don't think Denver wants Nazr's contract there for 5 years. They already have Nene and Kmart making 24+ mil for the next 4 years. Plus Evans for 5 mil. that would be cap suicide with 35+ mil invested in big men (which goes up another 7 mil in a few years).

You'd have AI off the books in 2 more years (possibly retired) and you'd still be way over the cap. You'd have 4 big men taking up more than 2/3 of your cap
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    They can get much more for Camby (from Chicago for instance, as is rumored)
    Find a new slant.

Yeah, I love the idea of getting Camby here, but we'd have to give up much more than Nazr and a pick and maybe a guard (if Hunter gets traded, he probably retires). And I don't think we'd get a lotto protected pick back in this deal either. Maybe if we still had Delfino we could have packaged him in this and made it a bit more attractive, but not much. I just think Nazr's contract is too much for too long for them. We'll be able to get something for Nazr, but not that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    They can get much more for Camby (from Chicago for instance, as is rumored)
    or ATL who needs a rebounder like no other. Atl could easily offer one of their picks and a young forward such as Marvin Williams

+ Reply to Thread