+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17
FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible free agent targets for the Pistons (Summer 2007)

Assuming that LH returns to the roster. What about Derek Fisher? I mean he is look for a situation that allows him to take care of his daughter. He said he doesn't want to retire, he just wants a team that would be flexible and money isn't an issue. I know Fish isn't a great defender, but he can create turnovers and would be instant offense and energy. Even if he missed a lot of games during the regular season he would be perfect for the playoff run given his experience, poise and ability.

Blog Entries
    I'd be down for Fish (~Gutz warning~) if Joe hadn't been insisting that Stuckey is a PG. Add to that the fact that we have glaring holes at SF and C and I don't think the money or the roster space is there.

I can't see why he wouldn't go back to the Lakers, where he could start.
    Find a new slant.

Yeah, if Joe had drafted Nick Young and a big man at #27 then Fish would be a good option. i don't see the fit now.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Fucking disgraceful, but I guess we all saw this coming, I suppose.

What next?

The Pistons are still in the hunt for a veteran small forward. They were set to use their mid-level exception (roughly $6 million) on Grant Hill , who agreed to a two-year package from Phoenix.

Pistons president Joe Dumars has said he wasn't particularly enamored with the rest of the available small forwards on the market (including Morris Peterson and Ruben Patterson ), so there is a good chance that for the first time in at least six years, the Pistons might not use their mid-level exception.

Dumars has indicated he might prefer to trade for a small forward.

He has several tradable commodities, including Nazr Mohammed and Flip Murray .
    Find a new slant.

^Ugh.

I dont think I want any small forward who is crappy enough to be had for Nazr/Flip, if there is even anyone on that list.

Id be surprised if much happens beyond resigning Amir, honestly. Id like Pietrus, Barnes, or someone like that, but I dont see any of them coming here. Now that JRich is gone, I see the Warriors keeping their other guys.

fisher wants to be on the east coast..why would he want to come here?

his daughter is in NY...sure its an hour flight form here, but im sure hed prefer a 10-30 minute drive...and im pretty sure he doesnt care about titles anymore.
    twitter.com/screamphoenix

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    3 possible deals getting a SF for Nazr:

Nazr+ Flip for Miles, talented, injury phrone, worst attitude in the league, has 3 years left on his contract @ 8 per year...well this one would be crazy...no one wants this guy, even Isiah didnt deal for him...

Nazr for Cardinal, bring back the Custodian , 3 years left, 6 per year

Nazr for Radmanonvic, lazy ass 3 point shooter, 4 years left, 6 per year

well thats about it, its not easy to find an overpayed SF who is eligible for an overpayed center

i'd say we rather stick with Nazr or trade him for another center like Haywood, and try our luck by trying to deal Flip only again, he should be worth something, beeing in the last year of his contract

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Fucking disgraceful, but I guess we all saw this coming, I suppose.

The stupid ass thing about not using the MLE is that it is cap amnesty, you can go over and fill holes. Now if we didn't have two giant holes at C and back up SF and to a lesser extent back up PG, I could get not wasting money if guys aren't needed, but that is not the case here.

Plus it's not like you are forced to use the full MLE. I mean Joe could sign a veteran or two to part of the MLE for only a year or two, he doesn't have to give them 5 years at 30 million.

This is bullshit and retarded cheapness; assuming Flip is traded, his salary is replaced by the two rookies. So that puts us at 51 million, Chauncey in year one starts at 10 million ( a huge favor he gave the team), so we are at 61 million, and at worst 4 million from the lux tax threshold if it doesn't go up from 65.4 million. So at worst the organization would have to pay 5 million in lux tax if they used the full MLE and signed Amir for a deal around 4 million per.

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    its not like there is a real differencemaker out there, who would sign for a part of the mle or like only 2 years,full mle....Hill was that guy, and it sounded like they were ready to offer him the full mle for 2 years, but Hill decided to take less money and Phoenix...all the young decent SF with some potential would want the full MLE, like Pietrus,Barnes...the decent vets like Petterson want the full mle over 5 years too, so yeah this is a good opportunity to save Bill D some cash again...i am not sure a guy like Devin Brown, Patterson would really help us out at backup SF and its only logical not to pay tax for those kind of guys...i could be wrong, but i guess we'll never find out if the Pistons were ready to pay tax if we got Hill ...

+ Reply to Thread