+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 17
FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible free agent targets for the Pistons (Summer 2007)

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUGrizz11PG
    1. Nocioni
    2. Stackhouse (sorry, I had to...)
    3. Milicic -- I honestly truly think signing Darko to the MLE once he realizes what is really out there could be the way to go.
    20 dollars says b-diddy came if his panties when you stated the 3rd option.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Blog Entries
    Noc is staring at a huge offer from the Grizzlies, Andy Varejaeo must have waited too long to sign that offer sheet.

This apparently says $46 million over five years for Noc: http://www.ole.com.ar/notas/2007/07/05/01451057.html
    Find a new slant.

I hope the Bulls pay Nocioni a lot. They are going to be facing some taxes soon. With Ben making 15+, Hinrich making 10+, Gordon and Deng up for raises next year (they'll get 10+) and Nocioni making 6+...that's 51 mil locked up in 5 players. Either they'll be facing taxes in a year or they'll be forced to make some drastic trades.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

they would be crazy to give noci that deal. for one, they dont even have room for him. unless you consider the 8 minutes a game they need from him behind deng worth 6 million.

I wish I knew what Joe planned on doing with Rip, because if he planned on trading him once Chauncey is locked up, we could take a serious run at Gerald Wallace with the MLE. I don't think Wallace would come here for MLE contract if he can't start but if the MLE is 6 million and we give him the full MLE and had the starting SG spot open he might bite.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by JS
    I wish I knew what Joe planned on doing with Rip, because if he planned on trading him once Chauncey is locked up, we could take a serious run at Gerald Wallace with the MLE. I don't think Wallace would come here for MLE contract if he can't start but if the MLE is 6 million and we give him the full MLE and had the starting SG spot open he might bite.
    You'd throw Rip away just for Gerald Wallace, to play SG at that? I'm not ragging on G Dub, in fact he's earned alot of respect from me. But I wouldnt dare bank on him so hard as to throw away our by far most consistent and leading scorer for him to bite on a contract to play SG. Until he develops something resembling a jump shot(not counting his spot up 3's of course) and clutch FT shooting, he doesnt deserve more than MLE, nor does he deserve Rip's spot I think. But thats just my 2 cents.

With that said, I love the guy's defense and when he gets to the hole he's hard as fuck to stop. But as a SG, i'd rather have Rip.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Guys you are misunderstanding me, I am not saying Trade Rip for Wallace, or Advocating trading Rip at all.

What I am saying is simply this, a lot of speculation in this town post draft is that Flip Murray and Rip are likely headed out of town. If that is true and Rip will be moved regardless of Hill, Wallace or MoPete, then our chances at signing Wallace would be greater if we had a hole in the starting SG/SF spot to offer.

I would love to get Wallace as a 6th man and keep Rip, don't misunderstand me. My point was if Joe is going to make a move involving Rip it would be better to do it sooner than later, because the top FA's will dry up and the moving of a starter would not make as much sense.

FWIW Joe should move whomever he is going to move if anybody while the market is still viable, whether it is Rip, Tay, Chauncey or Sheed. I just think it is poor planning to move a starter after the FA market dries out if you could have gotten a better via FA.

For example if Joe made the BS trade with Seattle as I heard on the radio (1270)... Wilcox, Watson, Wilkens and Petro for Rip, Dupree and Nazr happened; wouldn't you rather get Gerald Wallace than have Flip Murray, or Stuckey be thrown into the starting 5?

gerald wallace is my boy. i'd love to have him here. his defense makes up for rip's offense, plus he's the slasher we've always wanted. if we could guarantee his health, i, for one, would trade rip for gerald. if we rolled out billups, gerald, tay, and sheed, we'd be unscoragainstable from the 1 to 4 spots.

Unless Chauncey keeps letting everyone go by him...

+ Reply to Thread