+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible free agent targets for the Pistons (Summer 2007)

Blog Entries

Possible free agent targets for the Pistons (Summer 2007)

Boykins?

Oberto?

Hill?

Mo Pete?

Mo Williams/Gerald Wallace? (S&T needed)

Nobody?
    Find a new slant.

It's almost official that the SPurs will resign Oberto.

I wonder what team Gerald Wallace will go to, probably a team that needs a starting 2 or 3. I don't think he'd take alot of money and be the backup for Richard Hamilton and Tay.

I would think Boykins will ask for alot and I hope he doesnt come to us for the full MLE.

I think a realistic option would be one of the swingmen from GS, Pietrus or Barnes. Pietrus will probably take the full MLE frmo the Raps, and he def isn't worth the full MLE.

Hill and Mopete are players I'd give half the MLE to. Word is the Spurs are also interested in both.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I should have listed Barnes, I started a damn thread about him, lol

The initial list was more or less an attempt to stimulate conversation, so thanks for playing, Cross.

Where did you see that Oberto was a lock to re-sign with SA?
    Find a new slant.

There was talk that Gerald Wallace wanted a deal starting at around 8-10 mil. If you look at his numbers and age, that should be about right.

Mo Williams will be a huge target if we lose out on Chauncey (obviously) and as much as I'd like to get Boykins as a back-up, I think that our MLE could be better spent.

I'd love us to come away with Barnes or Hill. Both would be a great addition. Mo Pete is ok but I don't like him as much.

After a strong playoff run in which he was the team's most accurate shooter and its No. 3 rebounder, forward Fabricio Oberto informed the San Antonio Spurs on Monday he has decided to opt out of the final year of the three-year contract in which he made $2.5 million last season.

While there is certain to be interest in Oberto from other teams, both in the NBA and overseas, he wants to remain in San Antonio and Spurs' GM R.C. Buford said the team will do everything it can to make certain that happens.
    I'm not sure if its good enough. Teams will probably make offers for the MLE but the Spurs will most likely match because Finley is staying. If any team offers more than the MLE..my god.

Blog Entries
    I'm not hip to the Spurs lux tax situation, but that might be a factor.

It would be in Detroit (even with a championship), but probably not most other places.
    Find a new slant.

Assuming we kept CBill, then Hill or Wallace would be intriguing.
    Wallace would be a nice fit in terms of youth and slashing ability. I don't think he will want to play backup for us after starting and averaging 18 ppg last year.

Hill is a much more low risk, short term, investment. Add in that his free throw shooting, passing, and jumper are significantly better. I would be as happy with him since he would be a minimal cap risk.

I am down on Earl for what he is going to cost. I think he would get exposed in the playoffs and will hurt our zone.

Our revised targets should be:
    Guards: Steve Blake, Jason Hart, Mo Pete, Eddie Jones, Charlie Bell, Pargo

SF: Hill, G. Wallace, Barnes, Pietrus, Des Mason, L. Walton

PF/C: Oberto, PJ Brown, Webber, Dice

As you can see, there just isn't much in the big men category, although I would rather have PJ Brown that Webber for sure. At least he can make his free throws.

Depending on who we draft, my most interest among these guards would be Charlie Bell who can fill both guard spots, and really can bring offense and defense. The Bucks will be looking to sign Mo Williams early, and he might be available. He is a solid player and is entering his prime at 28.

Many decent backup SFs are available, and I would be happy with any of those guys, as long as its cheap. Barnes seems like he could have a good upside for a cheap deal.

Can't wait till Friday, that's all I know.

Blog Entries
    Jalen?
    Find a new slant.

Wasn't GS interested in Nazr at one point? We could do a S&T, Nazr for Barnes.

Mreh... I am down on Jalen, but only because I think he sucks.

+ Reply to Thread