+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: San Antonio (#28) - Spurs select Taureen Green

Sorry, i was tied up all morning (not literally). I will make my pick ASAP. They could draft anything IMO. Backup PG, wing (Bowen is old and they like Manu off the bench), PF (to replace Horry), or Center.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I hate to do it, but I am going a completely different direction. I think they would have taken Koponen here, but I don't think they are that high on the other PG's I think they'll wait until the second round to maybe grab a PG.

I think they know Bowen is slowing down and they will need to replace him. They also cannot continue to play Barry at SG. They like Manu off the bench, and really have no scoring wing player at all to start (making Parker shoot a lot). I think they really need a wing to fit in and take some scoring load off TD and Parker. A backup PG would be nice, but is 10 minutes a game of backup PG duty more important than a scoring wing? They have enough big men for now if Oberto comes back.

I'm going with Marcus Williams

He plays solid defense, has a great mid range game and excells at moving without the ball (similar to Manu), which works great with TD and Paker dominating the ball most of the time.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Odd that you didn't mention Finley at all in there, Chris.

Somebody want to break the tie so we can move on?

1 vote each for

Marcus Williams
    Ramon Sessions
    Taureen Green
    Find a new slant.

Finley only has one year left, that is why I didn't mention him. In another year they could lose Finley, Bowen and Barry. Then they have Manu and that's it. Their second rounder is only a few picks away and I think they can get Sessions or Dowdell or Green there. Most of the teams between those picks have PG's already. (I really only see the Suns and Sixers as possible teams grabbing a backup PG).

I could see Fazekas here if you think Oberto leaves (and he has one vote BTW).

In all honesty, I'd select Daequan Cook here, but in the interest of finishing this thing off, I'll say Spurs select Taureen Green.

Blog Entries
    Done.

Cook's attitude doesn't seem very Spurslike to me, FWIW.
    Last edited by Glenn; 06-27-2007 at 12:01 PM.
    Find a new slant.

Can't fault the PG pick (they do need one). Obviously I went with Williams, but he may be there in the early 2nd anyway.

I was caught in traffic on my way to work and didn't get a chance to vote. Booo.

+ Reply to Thread