+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hollinger's at it Again

Hollinger's at it Again

Actually a very interesting read.

What does it say for the Pistons? Hope Stuckey or Thaddeus Young fall to us, and avoid Hawes, Nick Young and Law like the plague.
    Last edited by defrocked; 06-26-2007 at 06:44 PM.

Because Hollinger is right 100% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

The 7-foot red flag might not be true anymore, because one of the reasons it might be true - good 7-footers leave before college, is no longer true.

So Hawes isn't for sure a bad sign, other than the rebounding. Scratch that, he doesn't look good.

As I read more of the article, my opinion changes.
    Last edited by detroitsportscity; 06-26-2007 at 07:49 PM.

Mark Dantonio - MSU Head Coach

http://www.freerice.com

good read. obvoiusly no one is going to come up with a purely statistical equation for scouting and nail it, but his system probably is no worse than anyone else's. interesting that corey brewer was so low.

flaws i see is that it doesnt acc for team success, and i believe he had an accross the board penalty for 7 footers--which is fine in most cases but doesnt allow for once in a generation guys like greg oden.

Good read. Looks like he has no love for the USC guys.

Stuckey is rated in top 10 of this so thats a good sign in case we draft him, which I donot want.

Paul Davis is a lottery pick ... ... ...
    STEW BEEF!

I thought it was a good read too. i also agree the 7 foot label should not be a negative. That's like applying a negative to all white players because the league is predominantly black. That's stupid. It's not the hieght that makes 7 footers busts. It's the fact they get drafted too high when they don't have skills.

Just judging by those numbers it looks like Stucky at #15 and Fazekas at #27 would probably be good picks.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Hollinger cracks me up.

Just last week in his chat he was refusing to answer draft questions because he "hadn't had any time to look at the draft".

A week later and this is the gospel?
    Find a new slant.

Hadn't had time = don't want my thunder stolen.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I don't really take Hollinger as seriously as some do, but it was still an interesting read. Since Stuckey seems to be Dumars' guy, lets hope Hollinger is right and Stuckey pans out. I'm worried that all the press he's getting (including the green media room thing) will make someone else earlier consider grabbing him. of course if they do, that probably means they'll pass on a good player, so its not all bad.

+ Reply to Thread