+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Phoenix (#24) - Suns select Rudy Fernández

Check your PMs

Phoenix (#24) - Suns select Rudy Fernández

Next up is Phoenix at #24.

Feel free to discuss potential players to be selected, team needs or any other topics related to this pick in this thread.

Once you know who you think they should pick, post your selection in this thread in bold red type. Only vote once per thread.

At 4:30 pm, whichever player has the most votes will be Phoenix's pick in our mock draft.

Players selected so far: http://wtfdetroit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9551

Best available players: http://wtfdetroit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9601

Start looking for foreigners that they can stash overseas for another year.......

The only two still around worth taking are Fernandez and Koponen. Also, you have to wonder how a guy coming into the draft this year will feel knowing he's going to be stuck playing overseas for another year if he was looking to make the jump now.

Blog Entries
    Current players under contract for 2007-08
    Shawn Marion
    Amare Stoudamire
    Steve Nash
    Boris Diaw
    Leandro Barbosa
    Raja Bell
    Marcus Banks
    James Jones
    Eric Piaktowski

Player options
    Kurt Thomas ($8.1m)

Free agents
    Jalen Rose (UFA)
    Pat Burke (RFA)
    Jumaine Jones (UFA)
    Sean Marks (UFA)

Picks in this draft
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    Start looking for foreigners that they can stash overseas for another year.......

The only two still around worth taking are Fernandez and Koponen. Also, you have to wonder how a guy coming into the draft this year will feel knowing he's going to be stuck playing overseas for another year if he was looking to make the jump now.
    I agree 100%.

If they keep these picks, they'll go foreign to try and save $ this year (with at least one of them, maybe both).

I've thought for months that they should bundle these and try to move up for a player that they can use now, and you are starting to hear that exact thing.

In fact, they had Noah and Brewer in for workouts, which if they don't get #5 or #7 in a Marion or Amare deal, would suggest that they are going to try and get into the top 10 any way that they can.

I thought Splitter would have been a great pick here, but he'll likely be gone. Tomic would have worked well too if he had not pulled out.
    Find a new slant.

I thought they'd end up with either Splitter or Tomic before Tomic pulled out. Now I have a feeling they'll get neither. Maybe they package their 2 picks to move up and take Splitter. Get a guy mid-teens talent and they don't have to worry about bringing him over and being on the payroll.

Blog Entries
    They could also sell one of these picks to Cleveland (another rumor).
    Find a new slant.

I could see them using the next pick on a foreign player to stash away, or trading it. But I think they use this pick to replace Kurt Thomas with a young PF to compliment Amare. They may get him to opt out (some sorft of buyout), and also Amare or Marion could get traded anyway. They need a versitile big man.

The Suns select Josh McRoberts
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Belinelli (just went to Charlotte at #22 in this mock) is also a guy that Mr. Italy (D'Antoni) would reportedly love to have.
    Find a new slant.

Following my mock draft I posted, Suns select Rudy Fernandez.

Blog Entries
    I'm going Rudy Fernández .

They can try to convince him to stay overseas and that will buy them some time to trade Raja Bell or James Jones next summer.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread