+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Miami (#20) - Heat selects Sean Williams

Quote Originally Posted by darkobetterthanmelo
    Why not take Nick Fazekas? He would be perfect in their system. He is just like Udonis Haslem, and would allow Udonis to be fresher and play less. He spaces the floor and Alonzo hides his defense. Fazekas is ready to play right now. No brainer pick for me.
    Because he's a PF, and they have Haslem, Walker and Simeon that can play there. They are horribly old at center. If Nick could play center I would agree, but he isn't very bulky at all.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Sean Williams

He can be developed for the future and he can probably contribute a bit now to keep Zo and Shaq fresh for the future. If there's a top PG left on the board here they take him for sure though.

Simeon is more of a center, he is too slow. Sean Williams to me is useless, they have Earl Barron for that.
    Destiny

Blog Entries
    My irrelevant pick is Morris Almond
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by darkobetterthanmelo
    Simeon is more of a center, he is too slow. Sean Williams to me is useless, they have Earl Barron for that.
    I thought he was only 6'9" though. I haven't seen much of him since college, has he done a thing there?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wil Ledezma
    That being said I say they draft SEAN WILLIAMS out of Boston College, despite his off the court issues, his stock seems to have considerably risen like mad since his workouts
    Actually there are some teams that have so completely soured on him that they will not draft him at all.

Apparently, his refusal to work out and answer questions about his off-court issues has broken some kind of "code". I saw where one GM said something like "Sean Williams should not be drafted anywhere in the first round of this draft on principle, based on his unprofessionalism".

Sounds like they are trying to blackball the guy.

edit: found the passage that I was talking about...

Quote Originally Posted by DraftExpress
    Some in the league are wondering about the message that is being sent, when a player who has barely been seen by top-decision makers and has such a troubling track record is given a free pass on being scrutinized and drafted in the first round regardless, solely off his athletic ability. “It’s an absolute joke,” one executive lamented to us privately this week. “For the sake of our profession, and the NBA in general, Sean Williams should not go in the first round,” the executive said. “What kind of message does that send? He has done absolutely nothing to show that he’s a pro, starting with the decisions he’s made, picking marijuana over the obligations he had to his team, and now not being bothered to travel to NBA cities and explain himself. It’s not even a matter of weed…it’s a responsibility issue. Life doesn’t get easier once you reach the NBA.”
    Last edited by Glenn; 06-25-2007 at 10:39 AM.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread