+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Miami (#20) - Heat selects Sean Williams

Blog Entries
    Agreed, good point, you draft Tiago, he may want to pull a Pecherov to get some more seasoning in the home country...

Blog Entries
    Well if they draft Williams, Zo may have to be counted on as the spot starter for all those days Shaq's legs tighten up...

You know Shaq isn't gonna give you 82...Zo will probably be counted on for a pretty big role again like last year...

he's a block machine still.

Blog Entries
    They like Earl Barron a lot (7' C).

I'm between Byars and Almond (both are SG/SF).

If they lose Posey/Kapono/Jones (all UFA), they'll be in trouble at SF.

Fatoine is a fat PF these days, not a SF.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    true if they lose both Jason and Posey...they're gonna need to get some 3's from somebody...

Blog Entries
    Byars lit it up at Vandy from the 3...just to point that out...he was lethal in the NCAA' Tourney

I think Williams is probably the better bet with Riley there. Zo could probably help mentor him a little on shot blocking (and maybe flexing too). They'd have to hope Kapono continues to develop and that he and Wade can handle the scoring load eventually. When Shaq retires you'll have a lot of money to spend on a scorer anyway.

Miami selects Sean Williams
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    They like Earl Barron a lot (7' C).

I'm between Byars and Almond (both are SG/SF).

If they lose both Posey and Kapono, they'll be in trouble at SF.

Fatoine is a fat PF these days, not a SF.
    I don't think they lose all of them. between Posey/Jones/Kapono someone will be back. And you still have Fatione there too.

If they all leave then grab Mo Pete. I think there will be enough SF's out there that you'll have one in the mix with Fatione. I think they bring kapono back. Hill, Mo Pete, VC, Lewis, Poser, EJ, Barnes...there will be a ton of SF's on the market.

Plus you can get Almond, Tucker or someone else at #39.

If you wait until 39 to get a center you let almost every team have a chance at filling that need, and you'll be looking at some 7 foot foreign prospect that won't play for a few years.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    This team doesn't have alot of years left in the tank, I believe they are by far the oldest team in the league (could be wrong on that), but I'll give Shaq maybe 2 more years where he can actually contribute in some sort of way, this team could be fading into obscurity VERY fast, but they can still win that division this year...man they have alot of needs now that I think about it...

they make the Pistons problems look easy

Why not take Nick Fazekas? He would be perfect in their system. He is just like Udonis Haslem, and would allow Udonis to be fresher and play less. He spaces the floor and Alonzo hides his defense. Fazekas is ready to play right now. No brainer pick for me.

Heat select Nick Fazekas
    Destiny

Sean Williams

This seems a team that stuck between two philosophies. They have an extremely old team, except for their star SG. They really have to make the decision to go for it once more, hoping everything falls in place and everyone stays healthy, or they need to start focusing on developing their youth now, before everyone's gone and they struggle to win 30 games. I think Williams is the right pick because their big men are ancient, and D-Wade can handle perimeter on his own.

+ Reply to Thread