+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Miami (#20) - Heat selects Sean Williams

Check your PMs

Miami (#20) - Heat selects Sean Williams

Next up is Miami at #20.

Feel free to discuss potential players to be selected, team needs or any other topics related to this pick in this thread.

Once you know who you think they should pick, post your selection in this thread in bold red type. Only vote once per thread.

At 2 pm, whichever player has the most votes will be Miami's pick in our mock draft.

Players selected so far: http://wtfdetroit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9551

Best available players: http://wtfdetroit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9601

Blog Entries
    Current players under contract for 2007-08
    Shaquille O'Neal
    Dwyane Wade
    Jason Williams
    Antoine Walker
    Udonis Haslem
    Alonzo Mourning
    Dorell Wright
    Wayne Simien
    Chris Quinn

Player option
    Michael Doleac ($3.1m)

Free agents
    James Posey (UFA)
    Jason Kapono (UFA)
    Earl Barron (RFA)
    Eddie Jones (UFA)
    Gary Payton (UFA)

Picks in this draft
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Another team that really needs help at PG.

Problem is, with the top 4 PGs already off the board here, they'd be better off waiting until #39 to try and address that area.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Hmmmm...Well, I'm going to assume they resign Jason Kapono, and possibly count on The Glove coming back for his finale. They definetly need a big, IMO, Shaq can't be counted on to play a full season, and Zo only has so much gas left in the kidney tank, and although Doleac will likely exercise his Player Option, he may play in only 10 games. That being said I say they draft SEAN WILLIAMS out of Boston College, despite his off the court issues, his stock seems to have considerably risen like mad since his workouts, if he didn't get suspended BC would've been stacked with him and Dudely up front
    Last edited by Glenn; 06-22-2007 at 11:43 AM.

I think they definately go big. Wade can run the point, so you really only need 1 other PG on the team. Shaq can't stay healthy and Zo will retire.

Will they go Williams, or will they convince Zo to play another year OR sign a guy like Dale Davis, and go with Splitter knowing they'll have him next year for sure?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    LOL I told this kid I knew that Chris Quinn was Brady Quinns brother, and he believed it.

I'm leaning towards Splitter since Williams is more of a defensive player, and Haslem doesn't do much offensively. I also think they can buy another year behind Shaq with either Zo or another vet like I mentioned.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Interesting on Splitter, Miami doesn't have much of the International Flavor...plus he's more of a finesse player isn't he?

Blog Entries
    Riley doesn't coach for the future.

And Shaq and Zo would be mighty pissed if they used their only #1 pick on a guy that can't even play this year.

That's a wasted year of their dwindling careers.

I can't see Splitter here.
    Find a new slant.

Good point on Riley. He'd want help now. I don't think Zo would care. If they draft Williams that means Zo has no role anyway.

+ Reply to Thread