+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 16 gets you 40

I say that poor chick is dead and buried in a field somewhere within five years.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Here's her picture:

And here's the creepy foreshadowing:

http://www.stateportpilot.com/sports...osscountry.htm

Windy Hager understands the strength to finish the race comes from within, yet she attributes much of her motivation to South Brunswick cross country coach Brent Wuchae.

“He’s very encouraging. He’s always telling us how proud he is,” the South Brunswick sophomore said. “I’m proud of where I finished but he seems to be even more proud of me. He’s always been encouraging.

That’s what makes him a great coach. He’s always motivated us; he’s always out there helping us.”

Wuchae had much to be proud of during the state cross country championships at Tanglewood Park in Clemmons last Saturday.

Hager and teammate Josh Higgins enjoyed excellent performances going up against an experienced field of runners from every corner of the state.

Hager finished 36th out of 126 runners with her time of 21:32, while Higgins, a sophomore, finished 85th out of 127 runners with his time of 18:55. North Brunswick’s Oscar Hernandez carried the banner for the Scorpions’ program, finishing in 54th place with his time of 18:11 over the 3.1-mile course.

“I was extremely tickled with both of them,” Wuchae said. “They’ve both come a long way. I’m very proud of their accomplishments this year. Windy finishing in the top 25-percent was just outstanding. That was a little higher than I thought she would, but she did well and Josh finishing 85th in the state, considering the boys had a little stiffer competition.”

Hager said her experience at the state meet has given her specific goals for next season, goals she feels are within her grasp.

“You always think about next year; you want to make it better,” she said. “That’s what gives me the drive.”

Wuchae said Hager and Higgins have attained the status of conquering heroes among their peers, a positive sign for the program’s growth in the seasons to come.

“The love it,” Wuchae said of the adulation.

It’s just overwhelming the support they’re getting here at South. We’re trying to build here and if we can get the exposure — these kids going up there and just seeing what it’s like this year — next year, they’ll know what the competition is going to be and how hard they’re going to have to work to get to the next level.”

+ Reply to Thread