+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Image Size

Image Size

Can one of you Image wizards help me out here.....I have images that I am loading into a program that are just way too big. If I go to take a look at them after I've loaded them in, they take up the whole screen and you only see a 1/4 of the whole picture. I can export the pic as a JPEG Image....is there any way to then take it and re-size the thing so it isn't so huge. I know it's not the program because it is not all of the pictures.....some are smaller and work fine. I would appreciate any help on this. Thanks.

btw, what are you using these pics for? sending them via email? posting them online? depending on the application, you should consider the proper size.

thanks Matt, I'll give that a try.

It's for a property record data base. The images are things like a house, commercial building, corn field....etc. I need to be able to, while in each property record, pull up the corresponding pic.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but that seems to just be cropping out a portion of the entire image

Put your arrow on the bottom right of the image and drag it bigger. MS paint doesn't adjust the "canvas" (the viewable area) to match the size of the picture you open.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    Brown.
    Find a new slant.

When you've got the MS Paint window open and you open the picture that is freaking huge, hit Alt-W and it opens the resize window. From there, shrink down by percentage - make sure both percentages are the same.

From experience, it keeps a better quality when you drop it to 90%/90% over and over rather than dropping it to say, 30% once. The bigger the resize all at once, the more the quality lacks.

Microsoft Photo editor also does the job. My PC came with it, not sure if yours did.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Brown.
    You fuckers had better pay up. MSPaint is the OFFICIAL image software of Internet Sensation GlennDanzig.... all rights FUCKING RESERVED!!!!

Please send a one-time licensing fee of $50.00, along with your social security number, date of birth, and address to:

GlennDanzig, Inc.
    22445 Alpaca Buey
    Ann Arbor, MI 48109

Add an additional $15 for access code to the BrownPaintBrush tool.

+ Reply to Thread