2 40.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Washington (#16) - Wizards select Rodney Stuckey

Check your PMs

Washington (#16) - Wizards select Rodney Stuckey

Next up are the Wizards at #16.

Feel free to discuss potential players to be selected, team needs or any other topics related to this pick in this thread.

Once you know who you think they should pick, post your selection in this thread in bold red type. Only vote once per thread.

At 11:30 am, whichever player has the most votes will be the Wizards' pick in our mock draft.

Players selected so far: http://wtfdetroit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9551

Best available players: http://wtfdetroit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9601
    Last edited by Glenn; 06-21-2007 at 12:31 PM.

Blog Entries
    Current players under contract for 2007-08
    Gilbert Arenas
    Caron Butler
    Etan Thomas
    Antonio Daniels
    Brendan Haywood
    Darius Songaila

Player options
    DeShawn Stevenson ($1.03m)
    Antawn Jamison ($16.4m)

No longer with team
    James Lang

Free agents
    Jarvis Hayes (RFA)
    Michael Ruffin (UFA)
    Andray Blatche (RFA)
    Calvin Booth (UFA)
    Donnell Taylor (RFA)
    Roger Mason, Jr. (UFA)
    Mike Hall (RFA)

Unsigned draft picks
    Oleksiy Pecherov [#18 in 2006]

Picks in this draft

Last edited by Glenn; 06-21-2007 at 08:55 AM.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    It sounds like they'll need to move Haywood this summer. He and E.Jordan (and Etan) just can't seem to co-exist. I think Haywood has even requested a trade.

You have to think that Stevenson will opt out after having a decent year, he should be able to do better than $1.0m.

They really need to have Songaila healthy, since he wasn't able to give them anything last year.

Jamison has also been mentioned in a lot of trade rumors so this team could look a lot different at the start of the season than it did last year.

As far as needs go, depending on what they get for Haywood, Jamison, etc. in trades or if Hayes/Stevenson leave, I think they'd want a better backup PG, but they really could use help at any position, so they might be in a "best player available" situation here.
    Find a new slant.

^Jamison has a player opt out (like Billups)
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    ^Jamison has a player opt out (like Billups)
    Nice catch, I'll fix that. I've been using Storytellers for contact info and that's the first mistake that I've seen from that site yet (Bender's site and Hoopshype show the option).

Jamison's option is a bit different than Billups though, in that Jamison's is for $16.4m, not $6m like Chauncey's.

Not sure if he'd turn down that kind of cash to leave, but maybe.
    Find a new slant.

Either way I think they have a definate need for a big man.

I could see Jason Smith here, and also Thornton as an option.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I see them taking Thornton if he's still on the board. It's an obvious best-available move.

Oh, and also:

Blog Entries
    I'm not so sure that they go big.

They love Andray Blatche
    Blatche will draw interest
    It's no shocker considering that the kid is 6-foot-11 and has flashed nice skills during his first two seasons but as you'll be reading in tomorrow's paper (Thursday morning) Wizards restricted free agent forward Andray "32 Cent" Blatche will be a wanted man when the free agency period opens July 1. According to my sources, the New Jersey Nets and Cleveland Cavaliers are prepared to offer Blatche five-year contracts with a first-year salary starting at around $4 million.

Now, the Wizards can and likely will match any offer made to Blatche, the team's second round pick in the 2005 draft, but unless president of basketball operations Ernie Grunfeld can clear some cap space with moves this summer, doing so could make it difficult to retain shooting guard DeShawn Stevenson, who will opt out of the final year of his contract on July 1, or sign other free agents in what is shaping up to be a tight market.
    And they have a 7 footer in Oleksiy Pecherov that they drafted at #18 last year.
    Oleksiy Pecherov has only been in town since Sunday but the early word is that the kid is a gym rat. I hear that "Pesh" has been doing two workouts a day down at Verizon Center and won't leave a workout until, get this, he makes 500 jump shots. That vibes with everything I've heard about the kid. His presence could also have a major impact on Blatche because the two have hit if off. If Blatche sees his boy working that hard, you have to think that he'll do the same. Remember, they could be competing for minutes next season. I can't wait to see Pesh and this year's picks in Las Vegas for summer league.
    http://blog.washingtonpost.com/wizar..._interest.html
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    And if the Nets and Cavs are really willing to throw 5 year deals starting at $4m/yr at Andray Blatche, then how much will Amir get offered?

:scared:
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread