+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Detroit (#15) - Pistons select Thaddeus Young

The reason I say Thornton is that I think he fits better here. He's more NBA ready, hustles, etc. Young would probably be a better pick for a team farther from competing because in 3-4 years he might be better than Thornton. This pick really depends on what Joe is planning. If he brings in Hill, we could take a guy like Young or Stuckey and let them develop. If we don't get Hill or Mo Pete, then we need immediate help for Tay or he's going to be worn down like he always is. In that case we need a guy ready to help. This is very hard without any FA or Trade knowledge right now.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Zekyl, I wasn't saying you thought Darko was a good move....nobody in their right mind would think that. What I meant by pointing that out is that maybe Joe will be gunshy with the young un-proven kid because of how Darko turned out.

Blog Entries
    I agree that Flip might be more willing to play Thornton over Young.

We can look at Amir and see how willing Flip is to get young players on the floor.

On a side note, Young has a 4.0 GPA at Georgia Tech. How do you do that while playing basketball? I'd like to see what classes he took.

Tied up with 20 minutes to go.

We either need more votes or some defectors, lol.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzle
    Zekyl, I wasn't saying you thought Darko was a good move....nobody in their right mind would think that. What I meant by pointing that out is that maybe Joe will be gunshy with the young un-proven kid because of how Darko turned out.
    Yeah, I realized that right after I posted. My bad man.

Blog Entries
    Fucking emo kids.
    Find a new slant.

LOL....nice Glenn

looks like the swing vote is going to go to you Z

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    I agree that Flip might be more willing to play Thornton over Young.

We can look at Amir and see how willing Flip is to get young players on the floor.

On a side note, Young has a 4.0 GPA at Georgia Tech. How do you do that while playing basketball? I'd like to see what classes he took.

Tied up with 20 minutes to go.

We either need more votes or some defectors, lol.
    Yeah, they said Thornton doesn't have a high basketball IQ. I definately think Young has more upside. I just wonder if he'll rot on the bench and give up like White. Maybe he's smart enough to keep working hard like Prince. I'd be happy with either in the real draft (assuming Law and Hawes are gone).
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I'm gonna throw my hat into the ring and put out a vote for Thad Young (pretend its in red).

Detroit selects Thaddeus Young
    Last edited by Matt; 06-20-2007 at 04:45 PM. Reason: why pretend? :D

Fuck it. I don't know if this is what Joe would do, but TheThad

Blog Entries
    Young - 6

Thornton - 4
    10 minutes to go (forum clock is a bit slow)
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread