+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Detroit (#15) - Pistons select Thaddeus Young

Blog Entries
    He must change his last name to "Milicic", though.

These two guys, Young and Thornton, are pretty similar in a lot of ways it seems (measurables-wise).

Measurables

Thad Young
    Height 6' 7.5"
    Weight 210
    Wingspan 6' 11.5"
    Standing reach 8' 10"
    Body fat 4.9
    No step vert 34.5
    Max vert 37
    Bench Press 13
    Lane agility 11.6
    3/4 court sprint 3.19
    Class rank 7

Al Thornton
    Height 6' 7"
    Weight 221
    Wingspan 7' 1"
    Standing reach 8' 8"
    Body fat 5.8
    No step vert 35
    Max vert 41
    Bench Press 9
    Lane agility 11.96
    3/4 court sprint 3.16
    Class rank 17
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Detroit selects - Thaddeus Young

Unless I see something that changes my mind before 5 pm
    Find a new slant.

Detroit Pistons select - Thaddeus Young

I've been wanting this pick for a while. I love the kid's atheticism and length. He could be a fantastic finisher for the Pistons. Looks like he's got to bulk up a bit, though.

check out about 1:10 in when Thaddeus blows by Durant

what i really like about Thaddeus is his "explosive" athleticism (from his highlights). Tayshaun's certainly athletic, but he's more of a smooth player. i like that Thaddeus is explosive to the hole and and the rim. if his ball handling improves, he could be taking guys off the dribble and dunking strong to finish. i like.

I remember being big on Young early on when it looked like everyone else was way out of reach, and I really wanted the Pistons to grab him. I know Thornton looks like a better player, but he seems kind of like a Corliss guy, out of position at either forward spot. I know he's a lot more athletic that Corliss, but you know what I'm saying. I'm having a hard time making a decision here.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    He must change his last name to "Milicic", though.

These two guys, Young and Thornton, are pretty similar in a lot of ways it seems (measurables-wise).
    How can they say Thornton was hurt by losing an inch when he has a 7'1" wingspan? He's even quick by the numbers compared to Young.

I did see that they weren't sure how he can defend the 3 because FSU played a lot of zone. That could be a positive though as we seem to excell in the zone right now. I also think Amir and Max could dominate in a zone too with their quickness.

And I like Young too BTW.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    I remember being big on Young early on when it looked like everyone else was way out of reach, and I really wanted the Pistons to grab him. I know Thornton looks like a better player, but he seems kind of like a Corliss guy, out of position at either forward spot. I know he's a lot more athletic that Corliss, but you know what I'm saying. I'm having a hard time making a decision here.
    I thought that at first too, but I think he's more of an out of position guy like Harrington or Marion. Not a slow footed Corliss. can we get some clips of Thornton as well Matt?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    I thought that at first too, but I think he's more of an out of position guy like Harrington or Marion. Not a slow footed Corliss. can we get some clips of Thornton as well Matt?
    In the interest of fairness

Blog Entries
    Here's how they stand right now, roughly an hour and fifteen minutes to go.

Al Thornton - 2
    Thad Young - 4
    Find a new slant.

I say that Joe D. picks the more complete player. He likes guys with experience (ex. Prince), and want a guy ready to play.

The Pistons select - Al Thornton
    (with better D and a better all around game than T. Young - plus I saw his great game agaisnt FLA.)
    Last edited by Matt; 06-20-2007 at 03:44 PM. Reason: red, baby.

+ Reply to Thread