+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7
FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Detroit (#15) - Pistons select Thaddeus Young

Quote Originally Posted by -NoQuarter-
    I was just about to make that my sig! Hahah

Blog Entries
    Interesting that Ford mentioned Thad Young, specifically.

Ford: How does that history play into your thought then with someone like a Thaddeus Young, the freshman (small forward from Georgia Tech) with super potential? Do you just say, well, he can't come in here and crack the rotation?

Dumars: The difference now is that my core guys are not at the beginning of their prime anymore. Back with Rodney and Darko, they were coming in when my core guys were getting ready to go on a six-year run. It's a different place now. So now it's easier to draft those higher-rated guys now.

Ford: So at this point, it's less about experience and more about who you have rated as the best player?

Dumars: Absolutely. Now that my core guys - a couple of them are hitting their 30's now - it's easier to draft those younger guys now, those guys like Amir Johnson, because you need that energy now.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yargs, 6/20/07
    I want ZERO part of Rodney Stuckey. He's Flip Murray without the talent (which is bad). You absolutely can't select a tweener that doesn't have a jump shot and can't really jump.
    Interesting.
    Find a new slant.

Although I still stand by my observations of stuckey previous to the 2007 draft (I don't like guys that can't really shoot, aren't athletic enough to finish around the rim and were only good enough to lead their college team to a barely .500 record) he has proven to be much better than I originally thought.

Stuckey is physical and very quick and has better court awareness than I thought he would. He's much better than flip murray and has potential to be a good player. He'll never be great.

Blog Entries
    lil bump
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread