+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ??? for those with a wife or sig other

??? for those with a wife or sig other

Do any of you take into consideration what your wife/sig other wants when it comes to your hair cuts, beards etc?

My sig other has been wanting me to cut my beard for 5 years. I kept saying if you stop talking about it, maybe I will.

She doesn't want me to shave it but cut it. Its a zz top type and my hair goes half way down my back too. I guess maybe thats a lil exteme.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    Do any of you take into consideration what your wife/sig other wants when it comes to your hair cuts, beards etc?

My sig other has been wanting me to cut my beard for 5 years. I kept saying if you stop talking about it, maybe I will.

She doesn't want me to shave it but cut it. Its a zz top type and my hair goes half way down my back too. I guess maybe thats a lil exteme.
    Tahoe, I'm surprised your significant other isn't incredibly fascinated with dating a yeti.
    I would guess the REAL reason she wants you to discover personal grooming is because she is sick and tired of all the other chicks who can;t keep their hands off you.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Well, my wife always puts in her 2 cents about my hair and facial hair. Sometimes I listen, sometimes I don't - because I would like some say regarding her hair.
    As for the ZZ Top, it's not just her that wants you to cut it, it's society. Let go man, it's 2007.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

I listened but I never kept anything I didn't like or was uncomfortable with. Never had any kind of issue over something that would take more than a month to grow back though, so I don't know that my experience would apply.
    STEW BEEF!

I've had anywhere from hair slightly in my eyes to a shaved head, from clean shaven, the goatee, to beard, to sould patch, and I've had mutten chops. My wife didn't like everything, she especially hated shaved head. But it happened and will again sometime. She eventually gets used to it but she's more receptive when she likes my hair.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    Do your own thing man. As long as it isnt against the times, its all good. Only advice is to shave around the mouth area, to quote a chick I know 'we dont like to kiss sandpaper'.

My girlfriend "hates facial hair" so I always shave before a visit (it's college, she's home for the summer). But then I'm pretty lazy with it when she's not around. Also, my hair was down to my shoulders when I started dating her but she hinted that she wanted it trimmed up like it was when we first met so I gladly trimmed it. It's just hair, doesn't matter to me.

When I start shaving and then not just cutting, but combing my hair, then my wife will KNOW I have a girlfriend.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Blog Entries
    I love my beard. Bitch knows if she told me to shave I'd tell her to trim that bush.

Not really. but I've had the same hair style since I met her so that doesn't really count.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread