+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chicago (#9) - Bulls select Joakim Noah

Check your PMs

Chicago (#9) - Bulls select Joakim Noah

Last one for today is Chicago with the #9 pick in the draft.

Feel free to discuss potential players to be selected, team needs or any other topics related to this pick in this thread.

Once you know who you think they should pick, post your selection in this thread in bold red type. Only vote once per thread.

At 5 pm, whichever player has the most votes will be Chicago's pick in our mock draft.

I think they'd make a move at this point (with Conley there), but without trades in this mock I think they replace PJ with an athletic big man that will team with Thomas down the road when Ben retires.

The Bulls select Jokim Noah
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Current players under contract for 2007-08
    Ben Wallace
    Kirk Hinrich
    Ben Gordon
    Tyrus Thomas
    Luol Deng
    Chris Duhon
    Viktor Khryapa
    Thabo Sefolosha
    Adrian Griffin

Free agents
    PJ Brown (UFA)
    Mike Sweetney (RFA)
    Andres Nocioni (RFA)
    Malik Allen (UFA)
    Andre Barrett (RFA)
    Martynas Andriuskevicius (RFA)

Picks in this draft
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    I agree that the way that the board is working out that this pick is screaming trade.

Since we can't speculate on what that might entail, I'll go on the assumption that they actually make the pick.

They are in a tough spot here because the best players on the board are all swings and PGs, things they don't really need.

So do they reach for Smith (a guy they apparently really like), go for McRoberts or Noah (both have undeveloped post games) or take the best player available in Conley and then look to trade one, if not two of the Duhon/Hinrich/Gordon/Sefolosha group?

If Tiago Splitter's buyout wasn't a factor, then he could have been the guy. But it sounds like it's going to be a problem.

I need to mull this over a bit more.
    Last edited by Glenn; 06-18-2007 at 03:18 PM.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Okay, this is getting pathetic.

Somebody else chime in on this.

REACT TO ME!!!
    Find a new slant.

I already did, sorry.

Is this a one vote poll?

I have to say I've been pretty dissapointed with the participation on this whole thing. I like the process, but we need more opinions in here.

We have 26 people online and 49 so far today...and what, half a dozen people voting today?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

No way they take Noah. If you had two old defensive big men without any offensive game, why would you draft another? Not sure who I'd have them taking here, but I really don't think it will be Noah. If we could guess on trades I'd say either Heinrich or Gordon would be gone in a trade and they'd take Conley, or they'd trade the pick to a team that wants Conley.

From ESPN:

Jun 18 - If Joaklim Noah is the big man left at No. 9, expect the Bulls to take him, even if he's not much of an offensive player. An athletic 6-foot-11 center with a fiery attitude and two NCAA titles under his belt figures to help more than hurt. Noah and Tyrus Thomas would certainly bring a new dimension to the Bulls' front line.

How much of an offensive game does Thomas have? I don't remember him doing much other than putbacks against us, but maybe I just have a cloudy memory since I didn't get to see much playoff action due to work. If he's got an offensive game then Noah could be the guy, let him learn from Ben and then they've got the frontcourt of the future. I also forgot that Brown will be gone as a free agent.

this is surprising how little attention this mock is getting here

as for the Bulls pick....I guess if they are stuck making the pick in an anti-trade world, I'll go with Jokim Noah.....value pick if you want to call it that

+ Reply to Thread