+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Charlotte (#8) - Bobcats select Spencer Hawes

Check your PMs

Charlotte (#8) - Bobcats select Spencer Hawes

Next up is Charlotte with the #8 pick in the draft.

Feel free to discuss potential players to be selected, team needs or any other topics related to this pick in this thread.

Once you know who you think they should pick, post your selection in this thread in bold red type. Only vote once per thread.

At 2:30 pm, whichever player has the most votes will be Charlotte's pick in our mock draft.

With Gerald Wallace likely leaving and Morrison looking like a bench player...

The Bobcats select Julian Wright
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Current players under contract for 2007-08
    Emeka Okafor
    Brevin Knight
    Adam Morrison
    Raymond Felton
    Othella Harrington
    Sean May

Player options
    Gerald Wallace ($6.05m)
    Primoz Brezec ($2.75m)
    Jake Voskuhl ($2.05m)

Team options
    Walter Herrmann ($1.94m)
    Ryan Hollins ($687K)

Free agents
    Jeff McInnis (UFA)
    Matt Carroll (UFA)
    Alan Anderson (RFA)
    Derek Anderson (UFA)

Picks in this draft
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    The options that they have hanging out and the free agents make this an interesting one.

If I had to guess, I would say that Wallace & Brezec will opt out, and Voskuhl will stay. They'll almost definitely pick up Hermann's option, since he looked great when he was given playing time at the end of the year.

Matt Carroll was pretty good for them the last two seasons, so I'm guessing they'll want him back, if the price is right.
    Find a new slant.

Agreed. Julian Wright.

Blog Entries
    I'm going Joakim Noah here. (Switched to Hawes)

If Brezec opts out (even if he doesn't) they need someone to pair with Okafor.

I think taking a SF here makes them admit that the Morrison pick was a mistake, and even though some of the people responsible for that pick are gone, by all accounts, MJ loves Morrison and that makes me think he won't draft his replacement this high. Hermann is a SF/PF, too.

Hawes could be a possibility here too.
    Last edited by Glenn; 06-18-2007 at 01:12 PM.
    Find a new slant.

Looking at the team's needs, i agree that they look at Julian Wright. it was close between Joakim Noah and Wright, imo. i thought MK might pick Noah as the "proven winner". but, in the end, Wright seems like he's got more potential.

The Bobcats select Julian Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    I'm going Joakim Noah here.

If Brezec opts out (even if he doesn't) they need someone to pair with Okafor.

I think taking a SF here makes them admit that the Morrison pick was a mistake, and even though some of the people responsible for that pick are gone, by all accounts, MJ loves Morrison and that makes me think he won't draft his replacement this high. Hermann is a SF/PF, too.

Hawes could be a possibility here too.
    I don't like Noah here because he doesn't compliment Okefor well. They be like Ben/PJ on the bulls. Who scores?

I really think Charlotte will try and move up to get Horford. I wonder if Atlanta would swap with them since Atlanta would want Noah or Hawes at #8.

Hawes makes sense to Charlotte as well though since he's a pure offensive player.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Is there any chance that McRoberts or Jason Smith rise up this high?
    Find a new slant.

This one seems like a toss up between Wright and Hawes. If they want to get that big offensive C that they need, they could go with Hawes and have their frontcourt set for years to come. If they think they could use Wright as a SG/SF combo (maybe start him at SG and play him at SF when Morrison isn't working). Also, if they resign Wallace this seems to sway more toward Hawes. That would give them 3 SF's to cram into the PT and one of them would end up playing out of position at SG a lot. That's assuming they don't want to use Wright as a SG.
    Another idea is they take Conley and use Felton as a Gordon/Wade type. Have Conley run the point and have Felton wreak havoc all over the court. Not sure which of the 3 I think they'd take.

+ Reply to Thread