+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who wants Kobe...

Who wants Kobe...

Not me really, certainly not at his salary, but since we obviously are not going to get a fair shot at the championship without a superstar:

Rip + Tayshaun for Kobe. Straight up. No picks exchanged. No cash.

We would have a legit shot at winning the East for at least two seasons till Rasheed was gone. We would have nothing resembling a SF, but hopefully Joe D could convince Grant to come.

Chauncey
    Kobe
    SF (maybe Hill)
    Maxiell (for chemistry and age purposes)
    Sheed

Backups:
    PG: Draft pick, Hunter
    SG: Acker, Flip
    SF: Draft Pick, Dupree
    PF/C: Dice, Amir, Nazr

Scrubs: one roster spot, Hunter would probably only play towards the end of the year, giving the rook lots of minutes.

The bench would need a lot of love, but I have absolutely no reason to think that this team wouldn't be able to beat Cleveland or Chicago.
    Last edited by BIG BEN'S FRO; 06-16-2007 at 09:49 AM.

Assuming the Lakers WANT to trade with us, tehy could receive a better package with Rip + Sheed because they seem to love Walton and will give him big money.

Sheed
    Odom
    Walton
    Rip
    Smush??Farmar??

that team would be able to compete in the West.

However, I find Kobe coming to Detroit is really unrealistic.

If that was the case, I would pull the trigger on that deal in about 5 seconds. Yes we would suck at center, but we can figure out a way to address that.

Starting Tay, Kobe, and Billups would be good, and I think that Sac would definitely be interested in a Nazr, Flip, and Hunter (who would retire) with our two first rounders for Brad Miller and their second rounder. I would say that would extend our window at least to 3 more years, and keep our current young guys.

Brad Miller, Maxiell (for matchup purposes), Tayshaun, Kobe, Billups with Dice, Amir, Dupree, and Acker. Adding someone like Grant Hill would just be gravy. We wouldn't have too much depth on the bench, but that's what good GMs do.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG BEN'S FRO
    If that was the case, I would pull the trigger on that deal in about 5 seconds. Yes we would suck at center, but we can figure out a way to address that.

Starting Tay, Kobe, and Billups would be good, and I think that Sac would definitely be interested in a Nazr, Flip, and Hunter (who would retire) with our two first rounders for Brad Miller and their second rounder. I would say that would extend our window at least to 3 more years, and keep our current young guys.

Brad Miller, Maxiell (for matchup purposes), Tayshaun, Kobe, Billups with Dice, Amir, Dupree, and Acker. Adding someone like Grant Hill would just be gravy. We wouldn't have too much depth on the bench, but that's what good GMs do.
    NO!!!!!

I would not trade our two firsts for Brad Miller. I would do Nazr, Flip, Hunter, and MAYBE our late first rounder for him, but not both. I would never give up the #15 for him. We could draft a young C at that spot to develop and Miller is getting old. That would mortgage our future way too much.

Zekyl, I agree with you, but we are talking about trying to win a championship right now, not be the Pacers and go the ECF finals all the time like they used to. I don't like that trade either, but if you were Sacramento, would you trade your starting C, who is still pretty good, for the crap you just suggested? Come on, that is awful. Even with the Kobe trade that Cross suggested, we would have a good chance of winning the East, but would get pummelled in the post by the West. Can't win with Dice.

I don't like moving the picks either, but if you want a C that can actually play, pass, make free throws, and is experienced, you have to give up something. It would make the difference between a championship contender and a Finals contender.

I wouldn't give up our two first rounders for him, either way. Like I said, I'd give up the second one in that trade but not the #15 and no way in hell I'd give up both. Miller isn't as good as he used to be. Maybe I'd make that trade for Miller 4-5 years ago, but not now.

Jynx (Knoxville, TN): Do you really think that Kobe can end up in the house that Jordan built? And what teams are most likely to end in the trade in the eastern confeence?

John Hollinger: (2:20 PM ET ) Kobe to Chicago is one possibility, although I worry about Paxson shrinking from the big deal again like he did with Gasol. Two other teams that nobody is throwing out there are Washington and Detroit. Kobe could be just the shake-up the Pistons need, while Washington has a ready-made exchange in place with Arenas. I know Kobe would rather go to New York or Chicago, but he might be persuaded that these markets are big enough to fit the bill.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Just for curiousity's sake, what would our rotation look like if we did get Kobe?

Billups/?
    Bryant/?
    Prince/ Hill?
    Cook? Amir? Max?/ Dice
    Mohammed? Webber? Draft pick?

Dice will not start.

Sure we get a top 3 player in the league, but does that make us better by sacraficing our big men?

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

I worry about his selfish nature. Then again, maybe if he had some worthwhile players around him, he'd ease up. I doubt it, but its a possibility.

Also, we'd be very thin up front. We'd have to sign a big man with our MLE for sure! Otherwise we're just New Jersey Nets II

If we somehow did get Kobe and assuming we lost Sheed and Rip, I am sure that we would start Maxiell at PF. He has a year of experience, he would be fine with garbage time, and it would allow Dice to be more of a focal point in the offense off the bench. We also would definitely need his blocks, intensity and activity to defend the pick n roll. Besides, someone has to miss FTs for us.

+ Reply to Thread