+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Maybe its just me...

Nooo!

I must agree with Glenn/bangpow here. I don't visit any forums that aren't set up like this. The organization ("segmenting") is something that I seemingly have to have when I visit forums, because as Glenn said, it's so much easier to "weed through" things I don't want to talk about.

And, as bangpow said, it can go either way. I think we can pull more good posters here, but we'll have to come up with new ways to do so.

I'm not a big fan of the SI forums. If I post something on there and don't come back for half the day, I'll never find it again. The way this site is set up you can come in (in the morning, the evening, or whenever you post here), click the New Posts button, and get about a page of threads to read through that you missed posts on. You read the ones you want, and skip the ones you don't. Click mark forums read and you are caught up on every topic you want.

Also, if you only come here for Tigers talk, for example, then you can just go to the MLB board and see what's new (the threads will be bolded). On boards like Mlive, SI, ESPN, you could spend all day looking to find a topic. When you can't find it you post it yourself and nobody comments on it because they just talked about it 2 days ago. Nobody wants to repost the same comments all over again.

I applaud the feedback but respectfully disagree that the structure needs to be changed here.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Just kickin' back on the seven seas of smoothness.
    Quote Originally Posted by e-ray
    And, as bangpow said, it can go either way. I think we can pull more good posters here, but we'll have to come up with new ways to do so.
    I wasn't talking about going either way with these forums, I was just talking about how the different sites do it. I think the way the forums are set up here is just fine, I wouldn't change it.

I know that's what you meant, and that's what I meant to. The disorganized forums work for some forums but not really for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Three things:

1. Your comments are great, it's always good to hear opinions about how things could be improved.

2. We don't have a radio show to help grow this site like the Sports Inferno does (yet). You may not think that is a factor in how much traffic that site gets, but I think it's huge.

3. This might just be my interpretation of what you are saying, but it sounds like you are suggesting that we intentionally make it harder for people to find what they are looking for so they are forced to weed through things that they don't care about, which can make the place seem "busier", which actually leads to it BEING busier.

Personally, I think I'd much rather make it easier for people to find what they are interested in than that option, but if others disagree we can have that discussion.

Thanks for the comments, Muhme. The offseason is a perfect time for us to have some of these discussions.
    There's no question in my mind that when this forum launches a radio show, I'm taking the slot opposite Valenti and Foster, and I will sluaghter them.
    But that show where they had the "Slider Competition" may have been the best radio show ever. Fucking hilarious.
    I wonder if Valenti knows he is legendary in Omaha.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

+ Reply to Thread