+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Milwaukee (#6) - Bucks select Corey Brewer

Milwaukee (#6) - Bucks select Corey Brewer

Next up is Milwaukee with the #6 pick in the draft.

Feel free to discuss potential players to be selected, team needs or any other topics related to this pick in this thread.

Once you know who you think they should pick, post your selection in this thread in bold red type. Only vote once per thread.

At 4:30 pm, whichever player has the most votes will be Milwaukee's pick in our mock draft.
    Last edited by WTFchris; 06-15-2007 at 02:19 PM.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Current players under contract for 07-08:
    Michael Redd GF
    Bobby Simmons GF
    Dan Gadzuric C
    Andrew Bogut FC
    Charlie Villanueva F
    Lynn Greer G
    Damir Markota F

Team options:
    Brian Skinner FC
    David Noel F

Free Agenets:
    Earl Boykins PG (PO)
    Mo Williams PG (UFA)
    Ruben Patterson SF (UFA)
    Charlie Bell GF
    Ersan Ilyasova F
    Jared Reiner C

Draft picks:
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

They've got Bobby Simmons and Charlie Bell at SF, but I think they still take the athletic Corey Brewer.

The Bucks select Corey Brewer

Well, I guess I'll get the discussion rolling (edit, I see Matt posted something while I was typing this)...

The bucks have two options here. There aren't any bigs to add (if they wanted to move Villinueava to the bench). Their options are basically Conley or one of the SF's available. I think they resign Mo Williams since there aren't many teams who can afford to add him as a FA (we know from the Chauncey talks). Assuming they do that, it's hard to believe they'd spend a top 6 pick on a backup. Therefor, a SF makes the most sense. Redd is currently playing out of position at SF and gets beat up having to guard them. Bell might not be back and Simmons seems to be a bench player. So which one do they go with?

Corey Brewer?
    Julian Wright?
    Jeff Green?

I agree with Brewer. If they are going to get to the finals some day, they need a solid wing defender to allow Redd to score. They need someone to contain James, Wade, RIP, etc in the playoffs. Green and Wright are more pure scorers, which they already have.

I'll join the party.

Actually, I won't.

Bucks select - Michael Conley

The Bucks either S&T Williams or let him walk and start Simmons and Conley. If they resign Williams, they might go small with Redd at SF, Villa at PF, and Bogut at C. While Brewer does look like a solid player, the Bucks believe that Conley will really run the team well a la Tony Parker.

If they really had someone wanting to do a S&T then Conley makes sense. They could probably get a very good PF and a pick for Williams. It would also allow them to resign Bell to backup Redd and Simmons. I bet the Lakers would move Odom for Mo.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    I agree with Brewer. If they are going to get to the finals some day, they need a solid wing defender to allow Redd to score. They need someone to contain James, Wade, RIP, etc in the playoffs. Green and Wright are more pure scorers, which they already have.

This is a great point (needing someone to guard James, Wade, Rip).

I agree on your pick, too*.

*with regret, I'd love to have Brewer in Piston red, white and blue.

I'd much rather see Brewer in the Pistons colors. If there was anyone (other than the top 2) that I'd want the Pistons to get in this draft, it would be Brewer.

+ Reply to Thread