+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Boston (#5) - Celtics select Yi Jianlian

Check your PMs

Boston (#5) - Celtics select Yi Jianlian

Next up is Boston with the #5 pick in the draft.

Feel free to discuss potential players to be selected, team needs or any other topics related to this pick in this thread.

Once you know who you think they should pick, post your selection in this thread in bold red type. Only vote once per thread.

At 2 pm, whichever player has the most votes will be Boston's pick in our mock draft.

Boston selects - Yi Jianlan

They have too many young, athletic swing players to take one of those. They will probably want a big man to compliment Al Jefferson, who's somewhat of a banger down low. Yi may work nicely if he develops.

They might take Conley, but I thought a big would be a better fit.

Blog Entries
    Current players under contract for 2007-08
    Paul Pierce
    Wally Szczerbiak
    Theo Ratliff
    Kendrick Perkins
    Brian Scalabrine
    Sebastian Telfair
    Al Jefferson
    Delonte West
    Tony Allen
    Gerald Green
    Rajon Rondo
    Ryan Gomes
    Allan Ray
    Leon Powe

Free agents
    Michael Olowokandi (UFA)

Picks in this draft

I agree big is the way to go. They have 3 young PG's (hopefully one can work out). I could see this pick getting traded, but if not I think they take whatever big man of the second tier is left (Wright, Horford, Yi).

The Celtics select Yi Jianlian
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    This team is a mess.

Too many "not quite good enough" young players and broken vets (Wally, Theo).

Danny needs to package some of these guys up and get some legit NBA vets.

As for the pick, he might trade it, but if not, I think he'll go with the most "sure thing" big. Which is either Noah or Hawes, IMO.

Celtics select Joakim Noah

Boston can't wait for some Yi Jin lian to come in and develop. Why take him when you can pair Pierce with Brewer and roll with
    Brewer, Pierce, Jefferson, and Green for the next 5 years.

I think you have to do it.
    Celtics select Corey Brewer
    Destiny

The Boston Celtics select Yi Jianlian

The dude looks agile and he's a 7 footer. The Celts could use a big to play next to Al Jefferson.

I know its too late to vote now, but I would have had them taking Brewer for sure. Green hasn't shown a whole lot of signs of developing, so you take Brewer and start him with Pierce and make Green your guy off the bench. If he finally develops you can trade Pierce for some big pieces and develop an amazing young team.

I think they trade PP. I would. There are plenty of teams trying to satisfy superstars looking for scoring help. Trade him to LA, Minny or some other team with an unhappy star. Get a good young guard in return, draft Yi and you have a young core to build with. If they could trade him for a decent pick, even better.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread