+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Memphis (#4) - Grizzlies select Al Horford

Check your PMs

Memphis (#4) - Grizzlies select Al Horford

Today we start out in Memphis with the #4 pick in the draft.

Feel free to discuss potential players to be selected, team needs or any other topics related to this pick in this thread.

Once you know who you think they should pick, post your selection in this thread in bold red type. Only vote once per thread.

At 11:30 am, whichever player has the most votes will be Memphis' pick in our mock draft.

Previous selections:

1. Portland Trailblazers - Greg Oden, Ohio St., 7'0" Center, Freshman

2. Seattle SuperSonics - Kevin Durant, Texas, 6'10" Small Forward, Freshman

3. Atlanta Hawks - Brandan Wright, North Carolina, 6'10" Power Forward, Freshman
    Last edited by Glenn; 06-15-2007 at 08:22 AM.

Blog Entries
    Current players under contract for 2007-08
    Pau Gasol
    Mike Miller
    Brian Cardinal*
    Stromile Swift
    Damon Stoudamire
    Rudy Gay
    Hakim Warrick
    Kyle Lowry
    Alexander Johnson
    Tarence Kinsey**

*may retire due to injury
    **team option

Free agents
    Dahntay Jones (RFA)
    Chucky Atkins (UFA)
    Junior Harrington (UFA)
    Lawrence Roberts (RFA)

Picks in this draft

I thought this was the place for Brandon Wright. Gasol needs another body to help him on the boards. I don't think Yi will help him here, though Yi would have been the perfect pick here if Memphis had moved Gasol this season. Conley is also a possibilty here, but I think they need help inside more. Outside Gasol, no other player even averages 5.5 boards a game.

Memphis selects Al Horford, PF from Florida
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I think that the choices here are Horford, Conley, and Noah. Memphis needs help for Gasol but they also need more than Stoudamire at the point.

In the end the Memphis selects - Al Horford
    Last edited by Glenn; 06-15-2007 at 09:48 AM.

Blog Entries
    Man, if any team needed multiple picks in this draft, it might be the Grizzlies. But yet, here they are stuck with #4 and that's it.

It might not be a bad move for them to trade down for two later 1sts in this draft (the Pistons, Philly *who has 3 firsts*, Phoenix, and Charlotte could all do this).

If they keep the pick, I'm torn whether the Grizzlies take Horford or Conley here.

Blog Entries
    I might be wrong, but I think Conley is going to drop a bit further.

Horford seems to be the guy that a lot of teams like, so I'll go with him here at #4, whether Memphis is taking him for themselves or for someone else.

Memphis selects Al Horford

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Man, if any team needed multiple picks in this draft, it might be the Grizzlies. But yet, here they are stuck with #4 and that's it.

It might not be a bad move for them to trade down for two later 1sts in this draft (the Pistons, Philly *who has 3 firsts*, Phoenix, and Charlotte could all do this).

If they keep the pick, I'm torn whether the Grizzlies take Horford or Conley here.
    Agreed. I think that Conley was a possibility until the talk of his disappointing performance in workouts. With this high of a pick and the status of the Memphis team, you have to go with the safer pick.

BTW, I just read Ford's chat wrap and he said the Gizz are considering moving up one spot to make sure they get Horford. If that is true, there is no way they pass on him here.

Unfortunately for them they don't have a 2nd rounder to grab a PG.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Memphis selects Al Horford

He can shimmy, too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    the Gizz are considering moving up one spot to make sure they get Horford.

I wonder if they'll try to re-sign Chucky?

I'm always careful about what I believe when it comes to "rumored moves up to take a certain player".

If they really want somebody besides Horford (Conley?), they could be creating a smokescreen to help ensure that the guy they really want stays on the board.

But you know this already, of course.

+ Reply to Thread