Thread: Trade ideas: 4 different Garnett deals

I doubt the Wolves really look at us. No way does a line up of:

Blount
    Sheed
    Draft pick
    Rip
    Foye

Get you into the playoffs in the west

I don't know, Rip and Sheed might be more fired up going elsewhere, I think it's highly possible they could reach the playoffs. Foye's pretty solid, and maybe they could go with McCants at SG and Rip at SF or vice versa. It really depends on what they do at that SG/SF spot.

That team will not beat the Mavs, spurs, suns, jazz, warriors.Who on that team will stop Melo? Iverson? James will get raped by Chris Paul while Sheed owns every one else on the Hornets.

Well the West is all over the place right now. A team like the Blazers might be very good while the team like the Lakers may be the next Grizzlies.

Quote Originally Posted by Cross
    I doubt the Wolves really look at us. No way does a line up of:

Blount
    Sheed
    Draft pick
    Rip
    Foye

Get you into the playoffs in the west
    Exactly... this is the biggest problem with message board deals... they rarely consider the impact on the other side.... if you put yourself in the other GM's shoes... is this the best you can get?... and what is the financial implications.

Pretty sure KG could fetch a Hershel Walker type deal (lots of talent and prospects at the same time).... the only thing that would change this is if KG put out an ultimatum or Taylor decided to blow it up for tax reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy
    No way could we get Garnett without giving up picks.
    I agree. we'd have to give 2 of our top 4 players and #15. Otherwise they look the other way. Chicago would offer Thomas and Hinrich plus #9 which would be better than RIP/Sheed.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I would trade Rip/Sheed 15 for Thomas Hinrich 9

Chicago would never do that though. I could see them moving Kirk for a star SG and playing Gordon at PG though.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I never thought they would. That would be stupid of them. Although, it could very well push them over the top as an Eastern Conference favorite.

Gordon
    Rip
    Deng
    Sheed
    Ben

I'd have to think that would be a damn good lineup.

Blog Entries
    That's 3/5 of our championship lineup.
    Find a new slant.

Yeah, plus Deng is pretty good, in case you guys didn't notice. And Gordon isn't as good as Billups, but he's kind of like a younger version. He's a shooter, he can drive the basket, he's built like a PG but plays like a SG. I think that team would do pretty well out of the east, but the bulls would never want to give up the youth.

+ Reply to Thread