+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trade ideas: 4 different Garnett deals

Trade ideas: 4 different Garnett deals

Ok, I'm amazed no one has made a thread like this yet. We all know its a slim-to-none chance of ever happening but this is "Fun with trade ideas", right?

With all of these trades, I'm not sure what picks would have to be included, so you can argue about that amongst yourselves.

1. The Obvious - Sheed and Rip for Garnett

Garnett gets a chance to go for a championship on a contender. Minny gets two All-Star quality players in return. Rip is still relatively young.

2. Sheed, Rip, Nazr for Garnett and Ricky Davis

I know that no one really likes Davis, but he's a solid shooting guard with not much time left on his contract (either 1 or 2 years). After losing Rip we need to bring in someone to be our starter and if we took a SG with the #15 I doubt he'd be ready to start as a rookie. Maybe let Davis play for a year and then let #15 step in after he's got some time under his belt. Again, Minny gets two All-Star guys, and they get some needed extra depth in the frontcourt. Nazr isn't as horrid as we all say he is. Maybe on a new team he fits in a bit better and plays up to his contract.

3. Sheed and Rip for Garnett and McCants

Picks would obviously be a big factor here. McCants would be the young backup we need, maybe even becoming our starter. He's young, he's been injured, maybe he comes in looking to prove himself in the league.

4. Sheed, Rip, Murray/Delfino/Hunter (if he's retiring) for Garnett and McCants

Same as 3 but less draft pick compensation needed. They get whichever of the 3 they want. Murray if they prefer a slasher-type. Delfino if they want someone for defense who can handle the ball a bit (he did it for Argentina, we just never let him play that way it seems). Hunter if he's retiring and his contract would come off the books and give them some cap space.

I guess if Billups leaves we could involve Mike James in this, but I'd rather not get rid of Rip if we're losing Billups too, and I wouldn't see James as the answer at all.

Opinions?

Blog Entries
    I'd love it but regarding the first deal...could you really consider this a championship contender without Rip or Rasheed?

Quote Originally Posted by timbeau0805
    I'd love it but regarding the first deal...could you really consider this a championship contender without Rip or Rasheed?
    Holy shit that was fast. I posted, refreshed, and there was already a response, haha.

I think so, if we bring back Billups. We'd still have Billups and Prince AND we have Garnett's "I will destroy the world and own everyone that tries to guard me" attitude. Plus we would still have a few draft picks and whoever we get from the MLE. Ricky Davis isn't the best of options but if we can keep his attitude in check, even just a little bit, he's still a pretty good player.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I didn't realize we'd be giving Rasheed up for a better player at the same position til about a second ago.

As for Ricky...don't mind him.

I think Ricky's done some stupid things, but so has Rasheed. Ricky's are far less often. The one that stuck out to me was when he layed it off the glass on his own basket to try to get a rebound and a triple double. It doesn't count as a rebound when you shoot at your own basket man! I'd take him, though.

Blog Entries
    That was fucking hilarious. I remember Bob Sura doing the same thing too. He's been relatively quiet over the past couple years so why not?

If Delfino could really establish himself as a defensive presence at SG, this (Rip/Sheed for Garnett) could potentially work well (although I don't know what we would do at C since I doubt Webber returns).

I'd really like to see how Delfino would handle being given a consistent role at SG for us. Especially if something like this deal went down. He's a great facilitator based on everything I've heard about his combo guard days, and maybe he'd get more out of Garnett getting doubled in the post. Let him and a rookie battle for the spot. As for a C, we'd still have Nazr who never really clicked with Sheed but may fit better with Garnett, who knows, and we could draft a C or bring in someone with the MLE. Not sure who the FA centers are this summer. I'd rather not count on Nazr but I think he could do decent if we had no other choice.

Blog Entries
    Nazr would just have to stand there and look cute, that rebound is KG's!!

As for Delfino, the only flaws I see in his game are an inconsistent shooting touch and the inability to finish in traffic. However if he gets those kinks worked out he could be Ginobili at least, minus the you know what.

I think you do the Rip/Sheed thing. Then pick a PG and a C and sign Hill or MoPete with the MLE.

That gives you a pretty good setup.

Mark Dantonio - MSU Head Coach

http://www.freerice.com

+ Reply to Thread