+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sopranos Season Finale (Spoilers)

I've never seen Sopranos(I've heard of it though). If I did have a question it appears that Mich and Tel would be a good source.

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    Quote Originally Posted by defrocked
    I love how because I didn't like the ending I haven't been paying attention.
    Well OK I was a little harsh, sorry. One thing I'll tell you - as much as I enjoyed the Sopranos closer, the Six Feet Under series finale kicked its ass all over the schoolyard. That was the best "last episode" of any show ever put on the air ... you know, aside from Newhart.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    I've never seen Sopranos(I've heard of it though). If I did have a question it appears that Mich and Tel would be a good source.
    Knowing a lot about the Sopranos is like knowing a lot about Days of Our Lives, except slightly less gay.
    Last edited by Big Swami; 06-13-2007 at 10:25 AM.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mich & Tele
    Well OK I was a little harsh, sorry. One thing I'll tell you - as much as I enjoyed the Sopranos closer, the Six Feet Under series finale kicked its ass all over the schoolyard. That was the best "last episode" of any show ever put on the air ... you know, aside from Newhart.
    I still have a soft spot in my heart for the Fresh Prince ending. The Jeffersons (the best opening minute of a TV series ever, incidentally) buying that home in Bel Air over the Diff'rent Strokes gang was "HELL YEAH" awesome, in my book. Star Trek: TNG and the Blackadder TV series had awesome endings. And there's some kick-ass endings in cartoonery, from Cowboy Bebop to the Batman Beyond ending done in JLU.

Yeah but any of those shows make you weep like a vagina? I cried like a bitch at the end of Six Feet Under.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    I think the only pre-produced film moment that ever made me even moderately teary-eyed was when Spock died.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    Heard a good theory on the Sopranos ending today. In a previous episode not too long ago Tony was talking with a cousin and said something to the effect of 'When you die do you think everything just goes black?' It would explain the quick cut... he didnt even hear the gunshot or see it coming it just went black. Head shot of course, but it is a good theory.

Good call Mxy on the Fresh Prince, classic ending.

Yeah, it seems more and more like the Members Only Jacket guy did the hit and Tony never saw it coming, hence the quick ending. And Meadow saw the whole thing in all its technicolor glory.

There's also something to be said here for the fact that the guy behind the series (David Chase) cuts you off the second he cuts Tony off. He doesn't make much of a secret of how disgusting he finds his audience. It's like he's saying "this is it for narcissistic, ignorant douchebags like you and Tony."

+ Reply to Thread