+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Terrelle Pryor - 11 on list, MSU and UM still there

I'd bet my left nut that it is Florida and my right one that it is OSU. I think those two schools have situations that are fitting for him in both sports.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    I'd bet my left nut that it is Florida and my right one that it is OSU. I think those two schools have situations that are fitting for him in both sports.
    Other than Florida having a true sophmore stud QB, and bringing in possibly the best QB recruit in the nation last year, and another who was a 5 star.

I don't think that Florida is that great of an option for him.

Mark Dantonio - MSU Head Coach

http://www.freerice.com

Florida, Ohio State and Texas, maybe Tennessee, all obviously have the most to offer a guy who's a 5 star in one sport and a 4 star in the other.
    A little surprising that he isn't mentioning USC or UCLA, but that's just everyone else's gain.
    I think this could take a while (been wrong many times before) but in the end there will be a ton of factors for what must be an insanely difficult decision. If it were me, I would look for a scholl in which BOTH coaches not only convinced me I could win there, but were willing to work together to help me be successful in both sports. I'm sure all 11 have fit that to some degree so far which is why they made the list, but it will get more picky from here on out. One thing that could actually hurt Florida and Ohio State is depth. While there isn't much competition at OSU for QB, there is for SF/PF. While Florida may have lost 4 guys to the NBA draft this year, they have Tebow at QB the next two years at least. He split time with Leak, but there styles were different which made it work. Seems like he and Pryor have similar styles, which hurts that opportunity.
    Also, which school is going to help him keep academics straight. Playing both sports at this level takes up a ton of time and he'll have little-to-none for an actual education.
    While the frontrunners are easy to identify, I think the decision here may be a surprise. I'm not counting on it being Michigan, but I think it could be a surprise nonetheless.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

I don`t know, there is just something about Matta that doesn`t seem right. He is a decent coach, but there is just something. Donovan on the other hand, whether you like him or not, is a damn good basketball coach. He won back-to-back National Championships with less talent than UNC, the same as Kansas and less than OSU most recently.

As far as football goes, I think its a wash. I know that UF has some QB talent, but this kid is #1 in the country, he don`t give a damn. And frankly, UF is probably the "coolest" school right now. Kids are kids.

Kids don't care if there are studs in front of them, especially when they are ranked #1 in the nation. They tend to have egos as they should, and they believe they can beat out the other guy. I mentioned UF and OSU because they have two great sports right now and they have that draw of being cool.

Jethro, sorry but Michigan's bball program sucks and this kid is mobile. Mobile qb to Michigan? Is Hell frozen over?

Bukdow, I don't disagree that there might be something up with Matta. He's brought in kids WAAAAAY too easily early in his career. It usually takes a few years and some great success. He's had success now, but it came when the talent got there. But, if you think Matta is scandalist...you better throw Donovan in with him. I'd lay my life savings down on the fact that he's shady as hell. That is not due to his success, I've been saying it for years. And many people here will back me on that.

Kids don't care if there are studs in front of them, especially when they are ranked #1 in the nation. They tend to have egos as they should, and they believe they can beat out the other guy. I mentioned UF and OSU because they have two great sports right now and they have that draw of being cool.

Jethro, sorry but Michigan's bball program sucks and this kid is mobile. Mobile qb to Michigan? Is Hell frozen over?

Bukdow, I don't disagree that there might be something up with Matta. He's brought in kids WAAAAAY too easily early in his career. It usually takes a few years and some great success. He's had success now, but it came when the talent got there. But, if you think Matta is scandalist...you better throw Donovan in with him. I'd lay my life savings down on the fact that he's shady as hell. That is not due to his success, I've been saying it for years. And many people here will back me on that.
    Have I not repeatedly said I don't think he'll end up at Michigan? When I said he might surprise, I tried to make it pretty clear that I WASN"T talking about Michigan. When I say surprise I mean something more like Georgia Tech.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

He has been talking about 'looking at who is on their depth charts'. He isn't stupid. And while he might put himself above kids he hasn't seen, he's seen Tebow, and knows Tebow has that job.

ND, UF, and UM are essentially out due to QB not being open.

GTech too really, they have 2 4 star QB's and practically no other big time talent.

Other schools offer him better situations. UF won't be as good in BBall now, and is STACKED at QB.

USC would be the 'cool' choice anyway, he is looking out for himself, not others.

Mark Dantonio - MSU Head Coach

http://www.freerice.com

Wow, Tre actually made a "funny".
    Go on guys, with your "everyone but US is dirty, and certainly anyone successfull (except us) is dirty.
    Totally laughable and pathetic.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    Wow, Tre actually made a "funny".
    Go on guys, with your "everyone but US is dirty, and certainly anyone successfull (except us) is dirty.
    Totally laughable and pathetic.
    Believing others are dirty without any ounce of proof is pathetic. Believing others are dirty when one has been reported and the other school has been investigated is logical.

+ Reply to Thread