http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baske...l-offers_N.htm

Hill will listen to other offers, perhaps Pistons'

By Chuck Johnson, USA TODAY

SAN ANTONIO — Grant Hill has decided he's going to play somewhere next season and there's a possibility the Detroit Pistons, his original team with whom he had his best years, might be the destination.

Hill, who's a free agent after spending six mostly injury-plagued seasons with the Orlando Magic, was vacationing in the Caribbean during much of the Eastern Conference finals when the Pistons were upset by the Cleveland Cavaliers.

"I only got the one game, Game 5 and the last quarter when LeBron (James) went off in the last quarter and two overtimes," Hill says. "I kind of read about what happened but I didn't see it, except for that one game. That one game looked bad just because LeBron went crazy (scoring 48 points, including 25 in a row and 28 of the Cavs' last 29)

"But (Pistons president of basketball operations) Joe Dumars is a smart guy. He's had a lot of success and he's motivated to continue to win, so he'll figure something out."

Hill, working the NBA Finals as an analyst for ABC, was a perennial All-Star in six seasons with the Pistons. The Magic were knocked out in the first round of this year's playoffs by his former team.

The trip to the playoffs was Hill's first since leaving Detroit in a sign-and-trade deal in 2000. His career was sidetracked by an ankle injury that required multiple surgeries.

With his ankle now stabilized, the 12-year veteran says he hasn't closed the door on a return to the Magic but is listening to all offers. Could a return to Detroit be in his future? "I'm keeping myself open," Hill says.

"I'm going to see what Orlando's doing but if people come knocking, I'm going to listen. I'm still trying to figure it all out."