Page 1 of 11
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Grant Hill signs with Phoenix

Blog Entries

Grant Hill signs with Phoenix

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baske...l-offers_N.htm

Hill will listen to other offers, perhaps Pistons'

By Chuck Johnson, USA TODAY

SAN ANTONIO — Grant Hill has decided he's going to play somewhere next season and there's a possibility the Detroit Pistons, his original team with whom he had his best years, might be the destination.

Hill, who's a free agent after spending six mostly injury-plagued seasons with the Orlando Magic, was vacationing in the Caribbean during much of the Eastern Conference finals when the Pistons were upset by the Cleveland Cavaliers.

"I only got the one game, Game 5 and the last quarter when LeBron (James) went off in the last quarter and two overtimes," Hill says. "I kind of read about what happened but I didn't see it, except for that one game. That one game looked bad just because LeBron went crazy (scoring 48 points, including 25 in a row and 28 of the Cavs' last 29)

"But (Pistons president of basketball operations) Joe Dumars is a smart guy. He's had a lot of success and he's motivated to continue to win, so he'll figure something out."

Hill, working the NBA Finals as an analyst for ABC, was a perennial All-Star in six seasons with the Pistons. The Magic were knocked out in the first round of this year's playoffs by his former team.

The trip to the playoffs was Hill's first since leaving Detroit in a sign-and-trade deal in 2000. His career was sidetracked by an ankle injury that required multiple surgeries.

With his ankle now stabilized, the 12-year veteran says he hasn't closed the door on a return to the Magic but is listening to all offers. Could a return to Detroit be in his future? "I'm keeping myself open," Hill says.

"I'm going to see what Orlando's doing but if people come knocking, I'm going to listen. I'm still trying to figure it all out."
    Find a new slant.

Get him here, Joe!

Looking at GHill's stats, it's amazing that he's been nearly a 50% FG shooter the past four years. he could be a really effective scorer off the bench. of course, that pretty much means the end of the Delfino project.

Delfino might have some trade value......maybe in some deal to the Suns, since he's young, athletic and cheap.

i'd go to cleveland if i were him.

Quote Originally Posted by b-diddy
    i'd go to cleveland if i were him.
    Not me. Cleveland is a one-hit-wonder, just like Miami.

WE ARE ALL WITNESSES

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Grant Hill on a team like Utah would make them truly scary.

^ That is what I was thinking. Team lacks a 2 guard and a veteran.

That probably would be the best fit for him, but I'm still holding out hope that he comes here.

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus771
    Not me. Cleveland is a one-hit-wonder, just like Miami.
    one hit wonder? why? theyre going to be better next year. they swept us out of the playoffs. i think you have to admit theyre a pretty good team, probably the second best in the league.

no cap room, no draft picks?

Yeah, I'd say they're primed for an improvement...

+ Reply to Thread