+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trade idea: Sheed/Nazr for Paul Pierce

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    I'm wondering if Sheed + Nazr could get us Paul Pierce.

Thatd be sex... but who would play PF?

Flip would be too stupid to rotate the bench properly, even thought it would mean we could have Peirce, Tay and Rip all playing 32min a game. It would end up Tay playing 10min a game, and Murray playing 10 a game, with Pierce and Rip getting fucking tired.

If we do this, can we look into a Delfino for Haywood deal? I dont know how much Haywood makes, but that would give us some much needed height.

If contracts match up I'd do it. Pierce is the superstar player that could get us past LeBron. We have a BIG hole at the 4,5 without receiving another big back. Maybe we can try to snag Perkins or Gomes as they have small contracts.

Why would Boston do that? Sheed does not get them into the playoffs, so why add him? They'd be better off getting a younger player for PP or a draft pick.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    Boston might consider a deal like that because they can replace PP with Horford, Brewer or Julian Wright anyway.
    Sheed
    Jefferson (had a monster break out year towrads the end)
    the 5 pick=pierce
    Allen? possibly even Green or Wally
    Rondo

I think if the team made right adjustments and traded some of their other players along with Ratliffs fat contract, this team could make it to the playoffs.

I don't know. If I'm Boston and I want a big man to pair with Jefferson I would think you could to a lot better. Why not Dalembert or Gasol (you'd have to include more of course, like the #5 and something on Memphis side)?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Dalembert > Sheed?

No way. Although Sheed when ape nuts during our series, no way does sam even get compared to sheed.

Yeah If im Boston, Id look at Memphis before anyone else but could Jefferson or Gasol really play the 5? Sheed is capable of playing the 5 and has the outside shot.

No, Sheed is better. Dalembert is younger and a true center though. It allows jefferson to simply work on his offensive game more. Plus he's younger. You probably only get 2 years out of Sheed now. They won't be ready to win until Sheed is gone.

Gasol plays the 5 in Memphis. There are only 2-3 true post centers these days. a 6'9"-6'10" PF can play center against almost every big man.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    An alternative in the same vein that I was considering here would be Sheed + Rip + 15 for Pierce + 5.

But Nazr can actually play. He'd be a fine backup PF/C and is reasonably priced for that . I figure that any team that starts Kendrick Perkins for as many games as they did could use multiple bigs that can play.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy
    An alternative in the same vein that I was considering here would be Sheed + Rip + 15 for Pierce + 5.
    How would that work?

Sheed/Rip will combine to make $22.8m next year, and Pierce "only" makes $16.4m.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread