+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trade idea: Sheed/Nazr for Jason Kidd, then S&T Billups for Camby/JR Smith

Blog Entries

Trade idea: Sheed/Nazr for Jason Kidd, then S&T Billups for Camby/JR Smith

Then S&T Chauncey home to Denver for Marcus Camby (starting C) and JR Smith (Tay's new backup).

Another option is to move Billups to SG and trade Rip for a center.

I'd prefer to keep Rip over Billups, however.
    Last edited by Glenn; 06-07-2007 at 10:41 AM.
    Find a new slant.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

If we are breaking up any of the core, it will be to get younger. I don't want Kidd or Camby!

Blog Entries
    New roster:

Kidd/Murray/Blalock/draft pick
    Rip/Delfino
    Tay/Smith/Dupree
    Dice/Max/Amir
    Camby/MLE/draft pick
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by micknugget
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

If we are breaking up any of the core, it will be to get younger. I don't want Kidd or Camby!
    We get younger by making room for our new PG in two years after Kidd's done. As opposed to having a mid-30's Billups on a long term deal.

We get younger by getting Sheed and Nazr out of here so Max and Amir can play. Dice gets phased out and replaced by more youngsters next year.

We don't need to get younger for next season all at once IMO, we can still win now and get younger gradually.
    Find a new slant.

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    a center
    See, now, here's the flaw in this plan. Do you see it?

Quote Originally Posted by micknugget
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I agree. I don't like it, and I'm a big fan of Kidd and Camby. While it opens up PT for young players, I also think we could get first rounders for Sheed and Billups to get better young players.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Yeah, sorry Glenn, but I don't want to get older.

My idea back a couple of months ago was to trade Chauncey for JR Smith, Nene, and possibly a first. I still don't know what I want to do with Sheed.. But not Jason Kidd.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by e-ray
    Yeah, sorry Glenn, but I don't want to get older.
    I see these moves making us younger, not older, especially 2 seasons from now when Kidd's deal has expired. Billups will be 33 then and will probably still have 3 years left on his monster deal.

Sheed and Camby will both be 33 this season (push), Kidd will be 34, but he'll be gone after '08/'09, and JR Smith will be 22. Nazr will be 30 and is likely signed through 2011 (player option the last year).

I see this as a way that we could still be contenders for now and get the youngsters into the rotation (Max, Amir, Smith, draft picks, etc.) for a long-term run of success. Get younger gradually, not suddenly.

I respect the disagreement, I'm just looking at this differently, I guess.

I also like that Camby & Smith have very friendly contracts. Camby's is front loaded (his salary actually decreases each year) and Smith is a bargain at 2m this year and 3m next year.
    Find a new slant.

Glenn, I do see your point but the trade isn't really bringing us any youth. It definitely opens things up for the youngsters that we have but I think that we are really looking for draft picks to be included. I think that Pistons fans want something more like Billups for Bibby and #10 (just as an example) where we stay competitive and get a young stud to develop.

Hmm, I'm going to rethink this...

I like the Sheed for Camby swap (not direct trade, but a result of both). Better aditude there. We'd be drastically short on front court scoring though. We'd have to hope Dyess and #15 would provide some front court scoring.

Kidd might be a better fit than Billups because Kidd could get Tay and RIP some easy baskets that Billups cannot. Don't really lose on defense there, as Kidd is a solid defender too.

Smith would be nice. Can he backup Tay because he's only 6'6" which isn't any bigger than Delfino?

We'd probably have to send NJ a PG back as well, like Blaylock...even if they end up cutting him.

I suppose if I knew we'd get Hawes and Pruitt in the draft I like the deal.

I'd like it even more if we moved Delfino and signed Hill to backup Tay (then Smith backs up RIP). Delfino doesn't seem like he'd like to compete for backup wing minutes.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread