+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trade idea: Tayshaun Prince/#27 for Josh Smith/#11

Trade idea: Tayshaun Prince/#27 for Josh Smith/#11

Another idea I had was this one. If we are open to moving Tay, consider this one.

Tay and the #27 to Atlanta for Josh Smith and the #11

I actually really like this trade for both. Tay is likely better than anyone they are going to get at #11. Still having #3 allows them to get Conley.

We get a ton out of this deal. First we get a 6 mill trade exemption. Nice. This is will have a ton of value at the deadline. Add in Smith to start for us, and now having the #11 and #15 pick. We can definitely get one of the PGs we want (picking before the Clips), and still notch a quality big. If we are so inclined, those two picks could be combined as well. Boston might even be interested at #5, although that seems like not enough to move up.

And don't forget that we could then use the full MLE.

Smith, an MLE big man, the #11 and #15, and a six mill TE sound nice to me. Talk about rebuilding in a hurry.

I don't think Atlanta does that. JOsh Smith is really emerging as one of the league's best shot blockers and into a consistent rebounder. Not only that but he is developing a consistent 3 point shot. Tayshaun prince has size and the ability to post up on people, plays better D, and is a smarter player, but Smtih is so much more athletic and can improve his game so much. Getting the 11 is a pipe dream.

Blog Entries
    I know that there is friction between Smith and Woodson, so it's possible that he could be had, but it might take more than this offer.
    Find a new slant.

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    Sorry, I don't trade Tayshaun. Not right now. If I manage this team, any deals involving Tay right now are off the table. He's still young and his lackluster performance in the postseason has not been his fault. He's a fairly smart player and he'll only get smarter as long as he is given time to rest.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Besides, Atlanta has a Tayshaun Prince-type player in Childress.

Atlanta would probably want at least some draft picks or something to go along with this. Its doubtful they would ever make a trade like this as it is now, though it would be interesting for the pistons to consider.

We are not open to trading Tayshaun.

Why?

Tay sucked these playoffs, and Smith would be younger, and help get us a bench.

Mark Dantonio - MSU Head Coach

http://www.freerice.com

How would Josh help us get a bench?

Quote Originally Posted by Cross
    How would Josh help us get a bench?
    11 > 27. That's the difference between Al Thorton or Jeff Green vs. Aaron Gray. One could play 20 minutes every day, the other 2 minutes in a blow out. That's how it helps get us a bench

And no I'm not saying that's the dream trade, but I'm not writing off trading Tay.

Mark Dantonio - MSU Head Coach

http://www.freerice.com

+ Reply to Thread