+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can We be Honest?

Can We be Honest?

Guys, I gotta start this of with... We all know that somethin' aint quite right with the team... everyone has their own perspective... or trades to save the franchise.
    If we're being real, it's time to hit on what's wrong with the team.

Ain't no doubt that this squad lacks speed and quickness... honestly this could be a thread all on it's own... it's real and undeniable... from the perimeter and interior defense (anything left?)... simply unacceptable.

Here is where I part ways with the anti Flip crowd... smoke and mirrors worked wonders with this sloth footed group... it's more than coaching
    So let's get down to individuals...
    Some of ya'll know I'm not a big Sheed supporter... but this "Cat" has worn out his "I'll do it when I want" welcome...
    might as well defer to the "trade Sheed" thread... IMO, if a 30% success rate is your bag then Sheed is your man.

Prince... Versitille.. can relieve the PG by bringing the ball up and being a point man... trade him?... Don't think so... when you consider his IQ and talents.

Chauncey... Since we're in the honesty mode... can he defend a rock?... is there a PG that can't take him off the dribble?
    Consistency has to be considered...
    Steady, Yes... and his low t.o to asist ratio should be a factor... but if you're thinking about a 4 or 5 year max deal you're promoting future problems.

Rip... the thing that comes to mind is... wildly inconsistent talent... but this guy comes to the party unintimidated and ready to give it all.... he's a keeper

Delfino... He sucks... can't finish... overarted defender ... and inconsistent outside shot... how did he do in the playoffs?
    It's time to quit defending this slug.... sorry if it's not what you wanted to hear... but it's the godamn truth... trade bait.

Hunter?...bye bye

Flip Jr?... underated and underappreciated for his mizer salary... but since everyone hates him, so be it... see ya.

Nazr... I dunno... a lot of hate... it's unfortunate that he didn't get more than half a year to get it together... slow footed defender... talented in the post and mid range... obviuosly something went down with Flip to cause the Siberia treatment... looks like he's gone.

Dale... "taser" Davis... I never understood why ne1 supported this guy... he simply lost it two years ago.

Amir.. Extremely gifted... he can out play Sheed today... much more active on defense and efficient on offense... no problems replacing Sheed with Amir whatsoever... see ya... bye bye... won't miss ya... that's how strongly I feel about Sheed's overated value.

Jmax... (aka the "Brahma Bull")... Active and tough (a needed asset on this soft team)... makes up with skills with agressiveness... underated length (why is everyone so hung up on heigth instead of standing reach, as well as quickness to the ball and verticle leap)...
    Still gotta give Amir the nod on long term potential.

Dice... Solid efffort... good performance compared to opponent backup PF's... he will fetch a nice player for his expiring deal next year.

Samb... Mark my word this guy will amaze folks with his defense and timing (seen first hand in the SL)... the offense is coming (according to Hammonds & Ronzone)... he's financially commited to his current team for one more year... already bulked up from 215 to 245lbs.

Blalock... his best bet is to stick with a D-league club to develop his weak shooting... possibly has Duhon potential.... not counting on it.

Dupree... underated... hustles and can score at an efficient rate in transition... this guy was cheated... his potential will be realized somewhere else.... I'll take an active "doer" vs someone with lazy skills anyday.

Brutally honest may not be what folks want to hear... hopefully it starts a dialog... I may be wrong or I may be crazy :^)
    Last edited by mercury; 06-07-2007 at 03:51 AM.

Not much new here...

Except I dont know that Amir could outplay Sheed... Sheed is a fantastic m2m defender, and we don't even know if Amir can play in the NBA yet. (games at the end of the season don't count)

I would like to keep Sheed. I can see him being able to play well into his late years because of his height and skills. It is unfortunate that his bitching seems to have infected the team, but without him, who do we have to defend the post? We need to get another tall before I want to trade Sheed.

Also, I like Delfino. He has been given inconsisten minutes all season, that don't reward his good play. I would like to see him play for 20-25min a game, consistently, before I give up on him. Obviously also with a coach who utilises his skills, instead of using him as a corner jumpshooter.

Everything else I agree with - but I think its just the general consensus with everyone for the other players...

Blog Entries
    As far as the speed issue goes, I tend to agree.

Someone else mentioned the want/need for a "waterbug" PG, but that PG also needs to be able to knock down the three in this offense.

I wonder if Chucky Atkins would be an option for the LLE? I think he an Billups are still pretty tight.
    Find a new slant.

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    As long as we're all being honest in this thread: I secretly hate you guys.

Flip was outcoached. Chauncey didn't seem to be able to control the tempo. Sheed...I dunno without being no the floor, but he sure seems to take plays off and get taken out of his game mentally. Delfino never turned the corner and probably never will. Rip...why is he dribble driving now, eh Flip? Murray...only guard on the team that can beat somebody off the dribble...Maxiell is a keeper...McDyess has almost too much heart at times. Webber would be good off the bench. I <3 Tayshaun Prince.

Quote Originally Posted by Mich & Tele
    As long as we're all being honest in this thread: I secretly hate you guys.
    Since you told us it's not a secret anymore, which makes you a liar, which makes you dishonest.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Does that mean he really likes us?
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Does that mean he really likes us?
    Who doesn't?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    I'm gay.

Quote Originally Posted by mercury

Dupree... underated... hustles and can score at an efficient rate in transition... this guy was cheated... his potential will be realized somewhere else.... I'll take an active "doer" vs someone with lazy skills anyday.

WORD!

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    I do work for the NBA.

+ Reply to Thread