+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: My last NBA game

My last NBA game

Gentlemen,

Tonight will be considered a big step in my life. Since I was 6 years old, I have been watching the Pistons and the NBA. That tradition ends tonight. I have watched my last NBA game until David Stern steps down as the NBA Commissioner.

Let's get one thing straight - I am not blaming the Pistons season on the referees. The Pistons did this to themselves. They were the ones who blew this series. Their lack of poise (I seem to be hearing that term a lot lately) and overall disposition was terrible. They aren't the same team they once were - and that can be blamed entirely on Flip Saunders. If the Pistons are to be successful in the future, they need a coach that doesn't look more nervous than his players.

However, how are the Pistons supposed to compete? There are a completely different set of rules for both teams. Knowing that, as the Pistons do, can get in your head. And we tell our players to just accept that? I don't know about you guys, but if I'm told that I have to compete with any person were my competition gets a completely different set of rules than I do, that shit can get frustrating. I understand that these guys are paid big bucks to get over this type of thing, but tell me that you wouldn't let that bother you in your job.

Just a couple of things that I noticed all series long:
    - LeBron can stick out his forearm and use it to push in our players chests, and if we touch that arm, it is a foul.
    - We all know about the Rasheed reputation and the insta-techs that he gets. (by the way, I'm glad he got thrown out. At least he has the balls to say it to the referees faces what we are all thinking)
    - The traveling rule depends on which player has the ball.
    - If we go after a loose ball and hit someone, it's a foul. They go hard after a loose ball and hit someone, it's playoff basketball.
    - Varejao is allowed to smack Sheed in the post with his chest and continue to bump him, but the second Sheed bumps back, he flops and it's a foul on Sheed.
    - A flagrant foul for Dyess is an ejection, a flagrant on Gooden is one shot.
    - At one point the free throw differential was 42-19. Guess what, if it was the same we are winning that game.

I'm sure you guys can think of a lot more.

Like I said before, the Pistons blew it. Leaving Gibson open for 45 or 46 open threes in a row is unacceptable. But honestly, when you have to watch your every step so you don't touch the Chosen One, that shit will get in your head and you will make tons of mistakes.

So back to my original point. I will not waste any more of my time. I have spent countless hours to watch something that is as close to fixed as possible. I kept waiting for Vince McMann to be on the sidelines grinning with a glass of champaign. The star system is not just a conspiracy theory, but a proven fact. I can't handle this league anymore.

Sorry to waste your time with my rant. I feel a little bit better. I'll see you guys in the NFL forum.

Go Lions!

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Blog Entries
    I wish I could say I'll never watch again but being a loser with no life I'll more than likely watch in the fall and throughout next season and on, but I sure as hell won't be posting on WTFDetroit and trying to make excuses for this team anymore.

QFT

At least living in Australia I can get away from the media aspect.

Im gonna go watch AFL...

i said im gonna stop watching basketatball after that miami dibacle last season....but then i moved back to michigan, couldnt help it....when i move back to california, i think it would be easy to not give a damn unless they get lewis, and acie law
    twitter.com/screamphoenix

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Sign me up halfway. and I was a year ahead of ya'll. Haven't watched one non pistons game all season. Won't next year. The only way I boycott the Pistons as a whole is if Flippity Doo da is still coach. Never in my life have I hated being right as much as I do about the rig when it went to new heights last year and our coach when we signed him.

Until this team gets back to defense. its a joke.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

if they bring back the same team next year, i wont feel the need to watch too many games. i hardly watched any piston games this year, anyway. i'll never walk away from the nba, though. as long as i have time to be watching sports, i'll be watching basketball. i dont know who had nba pass, but i had access last year, and there are SO many teams that play an asthetically pleasing brand of b-ball (basically the raptors and then 2/3 of the teams out west) that i think the nba is as entertaining as its been in a long time. its just that the pistons play about the most boring style possible.

lets face it, this team has become extremely unlikeable. whine and cheese silverspooners that are the absolute antithesis to the 2004 champs (especially presheed). while both teams were boring, 04 atleast had heart and hustle. all we've got is a bunch of top of the lottery fucks who expect their valet's to hit the floor for loose balls. cuz floor burn hurts and that's not part of their job discription.

its time for joe dumars to stop resting on his laurels and actually get to work this summer. bring in conley, play a fan friendly game of ball, and start anew. we'll be right back in it in a couple years. we pretty much have to, cuz i dont see any way, shape or form, that we bring back a similarly built team and get through cleveland, and maybe not chicago or miami either.

Blog Entries
    Shit Diddy, the '05 team (which got off to that slow start, coming off the title) even had more heart. And that got them to game 7 of the NBA finals, within 12 minutes of a repeat, with zero depth and coming off a huge win in SA, where they hadn't won in a long time, to force said game 7.

and the team im most excited about next year is portland, btw. i loved watching them last year. aldridge was my boy going back to texas (gibson too, actually. ughhh) and roy was a revelation to me. its going to be funny watching the kids work the rest of the nba. plus theres a few guys i plan to follow from this coming draft... conley, horford. i'll be interested to see how brandon wright looks in the nba (and where is he going? i have no clue). and maybe see just how big of a bust this chinese guy turns out to be (i dont buy the hype. is a gm really going to pass on lottery talent on a wild card man of the orient who has a shaky J? i doubt that.)

ps: oh, how the piston's fate would have been different if we had spent a little more $$ on coaching and went with mr sonic nate mcmillon. in hindsight, he would have been PERFECT for this team. oh well, whats done is done. i wonder what pennypincher would say about that.
    Last edited by b-diddy; 06-03-2007 at 01:10 AM.

Blog Entries
    What I'd pay to see a Portland-Toronto series. I'm not even kidding.

Anyway though I'll be watching EVERY game yet again next season it's gonna be really hard to get excited about anything the Pissons do.

+ Reply to Thread