+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: My last NBA game

If the same team comes back next year, I won't watch very much either. Joe D, I know Stern's NBA is garbage, but you have to adjust.

I'm just tired of watching these guys half ass it for 45 minutes a night. Three out of five of the starters are on the wrong side of their prime, and I want to get rid of all three and bring in some young players. I can stand 1-2 years of mediocrity if it means we're in the thick of things after that.

MoTown hit the nail on the head across the board. Nothing to add or subtract. Great post.

Just a couple of things that I noticed all series long:
    - LeBron can stick out his forearm and use it to push in our players chests, and if we touch that arm, it is a foul.
    - We all know about the Rasheed reputation and the insta-techs that he gets. (by the way, I'm glad he got thrown out. At least he has the balls to say it to the referees faces what we are all thinking)
    - The traveling rule depends on which player has the ball.
    - If we go after a loose ball and hit someone, it's a foul. They go hard after a loose ball and hit someone, it's playoff basketball.
    - Varejao is allowed to smack Sheed in the post with his chest and continue to bump him, but the second Sheed bumps back, he flops and it's a foul on Sheed.
    - A flagrant foul for Dyess is an ejection, a flagrant on Gooden is one shot.
    - At one point the free throw differential was 42-19. Guess what, if it was the same we are winning that game.
    Great points that make me sick to my stomach.

I feel your pain, MoTown.......but I do love basketball too much to stop watching. Honestly, what the hell am I going to watch to get my basketball fix?

Good points but I can't stop watching my Pistons.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, me too. Basketball is my favorite sport to watch and the Pistons were the first team in any sport I started watching.

MoTown, i feel for ya, just like rest of the crew.
    but just like swearing off smokes, you might be able to resist for few days, weeks, maybe months or years. but the temptation remains, esp when you take that wiff at a restaurant while having a drink.

what will you do when you happen to walk into a bar when the game's on?

if you can swear off that, you are a much much better man than i, and frankly too hardcore for my taste

i say we get Kobe and start getting some super star calls on our side

Blog Entries
    I would never go to a bar or even The Palace, I get really pissed off when things aren't going well. It'd be embarassing (yes, even more than this ECF).

Quote Originally Posted by timbeau0805
    I would never go to a bar or even The Palace, I get really pissed off when things aren't going well. It'd be embarassing (yes, even more than this ECF).
    I can relate, Tim. My girlfriend got really upset with me last night for getting mad last night (during the first half, mind you). Also, watching some regular season games against Chicago, I managed to make several Bulls fans leave the room because I was so fired up (I go to college in the suburban Chicago area, btw). However, I have been to the Palace, but never during a heated game. I'm not sure how well I'd handle it.

WE ARE ALL WITNESSES

Blog Entries
    I hate Stern

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus771
    I can relate, Tim. My girlfriend got really upset with me last night for getting mad last night (during the first half, mind you). Also, watching some regular season games against Chicago, I managed to make several Bulls fans leave the room because I was so fired up (I go to college in the suburban Chicago area, btw). However, I have been to the Palace, but never during a heated game. I'm not sure how well I'd handle it.
    Yeah, I prefer to watch games alone. It'd be hard for me to watch games with girlfriends or friends with every other word I'm saying being "fuck" or "god damnit" as was the case last night (and game 5 vs. Chicago)...out loud... and alone.

+ Reply to Thread